Pot metal pistolas, HiPoint .45, Lorcin 9

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Pancho_Villa, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Yes folks, the guns that make Glockboyscringe and puke at the thought that weapons as ugly as these could acutally exist in their otherwise perfect world. However, they do and I got a couple. i tried to get a few nice guns, but everyone bringing guns in musta been trying to fund their Thanksgiving dinners and Xmas expenditures with the near retrail amounts that they were asking for their guns. Didn't help that I was at the back of the gunshow and I am sure all the good cheap stuff was getting bought up in the front.

Two guys that brought me this fine HiPoint .45 had alreday tried selling me their SKS A-salt weapon earlier for 4 bills. It was a nice Chinese gun with a folder, scope etc. But I told them to do a reality check and offered 2. Told them the gun shortage was over.

They said they would bring me a cheap pistol later if no one else wanted it, a HiPoint they gave 2 bills for and a lockbox that cost them @ 50 bucks. Told them just to bring it to me rather than be laughed out of the show for wanting to get 2 bills for both.

They came by @ an hour later and were already down to 150. I asked if they had enough of the HiPoint jokes? They just said, if I wanted the gun and box they would take 125 to get out of the show. One of them said they had lost the key to the box. Well, it sure as hell wasn't a lockbox anymore. I pulled a C note and waved it at them. Told them I was really bored cause I hadn't bought anything and I was feeling generous. They beeetched about having to lose @ 150 on the stuff, but they took the hundred.

Just another like new HiPoint, but in .45 acp. I have had several in 9 mil and one in .40 cal. They were all used and worked perfectly well. This one went bang out the back door with no problems. Range report later.

[​IMG]

Sunday at the show wasn't bad. There was some rain. that kept people off the beaches. No Dallas Cowboys game. So what else? The gunshow. Again I just couldn't grab a bood gun for a decent price. Tied on a couple of deer rifles a Glock 22, and a S&W 638. A bit high by 50-100 bucks and no slack.

Guy that had looked at a few guns came by with this Lorcin 9 mil. He said it worked and it looked good in all of it's chromed and pot metal glory. Asked if he had used it as a door stop or boat anchor. He said, "no, just a paper weight." He wanted a beater hunting rifle, which I had. He offered the gun in a swap. Told the guy I need dinner for 3 at a nice restaurant later, so he would have to come up with 50 boot. Anyway, I did not have much in the gun at all. He went for it.

The Lorcin 9 has a striker fired SA trigger, brilliantly reflective fixed sights, a thumb safety that is an afterthught, a grip safety that does not worke well with the boxy cast pot metal frame. Ya just have to grab it tight and that helps with limp wristing too. Black plastic grips and no rail for accessories. Back in those days, maybe they had not been invented or were not needed. Anyway, a rail on a pot metal gun was probably a liability. It would probably lead to stress cracking of the frame under recoil. The thing went bang every time as long as I held it tight and kept the grip safety depressed. My small hands didn't work well with it. Even got 2 hicap mags. Proabably 10+1 or maybe more if ya can cram them in there. Again, another blowback design like the HiPoint. Range report later.

[​IMG]

2. lefty60

lefty60 New Member

When pick'ns are slim, ya gotta git what ya can.

I take it that your eyes are heal'n up fine?????? :D

3. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Thanks,

That left eye has a long way to go yet.