Ruger Talk Forums banner

Your most often carried handgun?

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's see what the consensus is for what is MOST OFTEN carried. This is not a discussion which type gun is better or worse. Just a poll of what is your most often carried handgun for self defense whether it be concealed or open carry.

·
Registered
685 Posts
That’s a tough one. I probably carry each about equally.

I think the LCR (mine is a LCRX times 2) and the KAHR ( 2 of those as well) are the best firearms made for social work. I voted semi-auto simply because I am carrying my KAHR today.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Semi-Automatic as it's the only gun I own. (can only afford one at a time) :(
But have carried a snubby quite often in the past and may again in the future and if I ever do again I will stay on the revolver platform.

I only keep switching because the auto carries better and for quicker reloads, but truth is I don't trust it like I do a revolver.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I always carried a Rossi revolver .38 special in 4". Then when I enlisted it was the Colt 1911 semi auto .45 ACP. Loved it so much I bought one when I was out of the service. Years later I went back to the revolver GP-100 .357 Magnum, I love this gun so much, I often play with it, keep it clean and carry it always. Fires anything I feed it. Lately, I ran into a problem. TULAMMO .357 Magnum, comes in steel casing. Disappointed with this brand. The casings get stuck in the cylinder and is somewhat difficult to eject them all at the same time. Any other brand, no problem. Reloads, no problem. Hot loads, same, no problem. Has anyone experienced this?

Anyway, After the LCPs' were out I went to see them and walked out with a Glock-43. Great little shooter, has some recoil though. Then someone mentioned a Sig Sauer P-365. I went to see what
all the hype was all about and wouldn't you know it, she follow me home like a stray doggy wagging a ten round magazine. The sights on this one are the best I've seen on the market. They glow in the dark! You'd think they're battery operated. It fires anything I feed it, just like the GP-100 and Glock-43. I've already fired a grant total of 1,000 rounds and no hick ups. No exaggerations guys. I've been carrying it for a couple of months and it just feels good on me, currently loaded with the Federal HST JHP 150 gr. Very light, hardly feel it's on me, even with daily movements and chores around the house. I was carrying it with me working around the yard, trimming those beautiful lush green weeds that no one plants, waters or wants and raking, bending, toting the large container/dumpster. I wore it all day with no fatigue. I didn't even have to pull my shorts up like I would when I have my beloved GP-100. It is just over one pound of weight. Like a 16. oz. water bottle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Let's see what the consensus is for what is MOST OFTEN carried. This is not a discussion which type gun is better or worse. Just a poll of what is your most often carried handgun for self defense whether it be concealed or open carry.
Semiauto the most, when I’m traveling I also carry a Bond with #4 shot in it.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think you have some realllllly deep pockets.

Reactions: paulruger

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Mostly autos. Rotate G27 .40, Shield 9, LC9s, Beretta Bobcat .22.

Revos, depending on what I am wearing and weather. S&W Mod 60, .38 spl, Colt Cobra Lightweight .38 spl, Ruger LCR .357, Taurus UL .38 spl, Rossi Mod 88 .38 spl, Ruger Speed Six .357. Taurus Tracker 2.5" snub .44 mag. Yeah, that one barks.

Have a lot more revos, but I like the looks of them. The autos are easy to carry and reload much faster. So, the autos get used more.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
100_4424_zps2accdddb.JPG
100_4473_zpse6d0231c.JPG

Left front pocket ...backup, (or on ankle)
Keltec P32.JPG

Jim

Reactions: Pancho_Villa

·
Registered
685 Posts
It is a nice one. He has been carrying that one for a while now. Every time he posts a picture up of it I slobber down my shirt just a little bit.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts