Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondered if anyone could help put a value on this pistol for me. It's a Police Service Six, 357 mag with 4" barrel. Serial number shows to be a 1985 production date.

Thanks in advance!

-Scott

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
Welcome to the RugerTalk Forum !!

According to the 2012 Gun Digest Book of Guns and Prices...

A blued Police Service Six (Model 107) with 4" barrel chambered in .357magnum

in NRA Very Good condition is worth $300...in Good condition $200...in Fair condition $125

Keep in mind...the price is always what the market will bear...it's worth is based on the perceived need of the buyer.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Welcome to Rugertalk,

Yep,
Ive seen them floating around here, just like Shooter said.

I encourage you to drop in at Introductions, and introduce yourself.:)

Thanks,

Jim

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
I wondered if anyone could help put a value on this pistol for me. It's a Police Service Six, 357 mag with 4" barrel. Serial number shows to be a 1985 production date.

Thanks in advance!

-Scott
Very nice ... That's one to not part with.

Welcome to Ruger talk ARblazeman

Blaze

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Good to see someone posting a pic.

Checked my "Fjestad's blue Book" values. Book is a few years old. Showed 100% or LNIB @ 4 bils. A 98% one in great shape @ 3 bills. A 95% one in good shape 250 and on down. I would agree with the others and say @ 3 bills for a nice one,give or take. I sold one like yours with similar grips in 90% condition a few years ago for 250. So it's knda a ball park figuer and also bases on availability. Not a whole lotta older used Rugers floating around here.

Picked up this Police Service Six with a 2 3/4" barrel in blue a couple of years after I sold the other one for 2. It ws in near perfect shape then, but no original grips.

·
Super Moderator
1,378 Posts
Welcome to the forum..

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought 3 Milwaukee PD stainless Service Six's several years ago. They were only on the streets for a year until MPD switched to Glock 22's. I cherish them, shoot them, and hope to never part with them!

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

·
Registered
992 Posts
Sweet Rig! How's the trigger on it?

I passed up a 3 inch Security Six last year because I didn't like the trigger. Guy wanted $275 for it and I'm still kicking myself for not buying it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts