Police Service Six grips

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by jmohme, Jan 20, 2020.

1. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

A few years ago, I inherited my Father in laws Police Service Six.
    I had shot it years ago and the small wood grips he had on it just beat my palms like a hammer, so I ordered a Houge monogrip set for it.

IMG_0958.jpg

I took it to the range today and what a difference!
    I put about a dozen 158 gr 357s and a box of 38 specials though it. It is a really nice shooter!

I also took my S&W model 28 along too.

IMG_0959.jpg
    The grips on this one fit me a lot better, but I might get a Houge grip for it too. I really like the way they feel.

rugertoter likes this.
  2. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

You can't beat the Houge grips. I have always liked the looks of wood grips, but they, sometimes, hurt to shoot with.

Those are a couple of great looking revolvers you have there! ;)

3. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

I have a NIB vintage pair of custom Mustang grips. PM me if interested.

jmohme likes this.
  4. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

Appreciate the offer, but I am really liking the fell of the Houges.
    If the gun had nicer bluing without all the holster wear, I might have wanted to pretty it up with wood, but it is really more of a woods gun of me.

5. Frontiersman

Frontiersman Active Member

The hogue grips take some flack from the purists, but they really are a comfortable solution when you need a better grip and a little cushion. I especially like them on stainless revolvers.

jmohme likes this.
  6. Stonebuster

Stonebuster New Member

You can find Pachmayr "new" old stock Six Series grips on eBay cheap. I went with Compact Presentation grips for my round butt Speed Sixes. One warning is they have steel inside the rubber to stiffen them. The steel wears through the rubber, contacts the side of frame and leaves marks. I used a strip of Gorilla tape to cover the bare metal on the inside of the grips.

jmohme likes this.