Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have the opportunity to trade at my LGS for a very good condition Ruger police service six .357 in stainless, 4" barrel. He wants my CVA Wolf muzzleloader (which I want to get rid of anyway) and $200. Yay or nay?

I'm pretty sure it's a consignment gun

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
I figger your Wolf at about $250 ...new

Plus 200 cash, thats $450,

I would offer the Wolf and $100, then settle for $150 and the Wolf , if you really want it.:dunno::)

Hey, thats just me brother.

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Sometimes we just have say........well I just don't know rather than having your hand on your pants at your wallet and smiling.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can find a NIB CVA Wolf for 200 so I figure mines worth about 125-150.

I really could use a DA .357 with a 4". I think imma do it......

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I know I would too. But I never got into the smoke-pole thing anyway.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Smoke poles are okay for fooling around once in a while. Problem is when you shoot it once you might as well shoot it a hundred times cuz it takes a lot of #13 to clean it all out. When I had mine my buddies told me to take it into the shower with you as it will take that long to clean it especially if using double or triple F powder. Pyrodex not quite as bad but I am sure you will shoot that security six far more than you will the smoke pole. Just MHO!!

Tommy

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here it is:
ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1498069773.396037.jpg
ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1498069786.593196.jpg
ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1498069797.467842.jpg

Brought it home an hour ago. Took the grips off and wiped everything down. Bore is near perfect, and everything else is very clean, no rust and no scratches. Can't wait to shoot it!

Attachments

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
^ ^ You did good. Congrats. :Cooltu:

Don't often see those in stainless, nice gun.

:usa:

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
That is a good lookin revolver,

Bet it shoots good also.

Congrats...

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Looks fine; probably shoots fine, I am envious, of course. Not at all sure why, but most any clean revolver looks good to me anyway, and that sight arrangement looks a little better than the target sights.

Hmm, same deal with women; some 'country plain' (according to other folks) women look fine to me. Maybe rear sights and eyes are both windows to the soul.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Yep that looks great and I would much rather have that than what you traded for it. By the looks of the gun it looks like new. I think you got a really good deal.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sweet looking revolver! Good trade. Looking forward to hearing how it shoots.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
My blackhawk is what originally got me hooked on Rugers
Same thing happened to me many, many years ago.

I see your Service Six has the oversize stocks, nice, and you've put good grips on the Blackhawk too.
What were they thinking when they put plastic 'panels' on the new-ish Blackhawks... :headscratch:
Nice pair you got there. :melikey:

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Same thing happened to me many, many years ago.

I see your Service Six has the oversize stocks, nice, and you've put good grips on the Blackhawk too.

What were they thinking when they put plastic 'panels' on the new-ish Blackhawks... :headscratch:

Nice pair you got there. :melikey:

Yeah the gun feels really nice in my hand. One of the first things I did with the Blackhawk was to get rid of the plastic panels. Not very attractive. And the wood grips adds extra width, which I found comfortable.

Hopefully I'll get to shoot it soon, I've been wanting a 4" .357 to carry hiking. The blackhawk is kinda a beast to lug around and I wanted more velocity than I could get outta the 2" EAA Windicator I have.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Great gun, but just for the record, I can clean my smoke poles in about 15 minutes. Take off the barrel and clean in hot soapy water, no big deal.;) I use FFF black powder also.:D

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great gun, but just for the record, I can clean my smoke poles in about 15 minutes. Take off the barrel and clean in hot soapy water, no big deal.;) I use FFF black powder also.:D

I used to put mine in the bath tub

1 - 20 of 30 Posts