Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I thought this range thread would be a good place to discuss point shooting and practice. In all probability a person may not have time to take aim lining up the sights. Also due to darkness the sights could be useless. You might have only a shadow to point and shoot at. Speed in getting a shot off maybe important also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaiGSDiaI_w#action=share

Talk about point and shoot! They are not only lightning fast they are accurate as well.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5TjAEAbRw4[/ame]

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Wow. I had no idea. I don't have sound on this computer, so don't know if that special hammer spur was mentioned.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No the spur wasn't mentioned. what Ruger do you think she was using?
You also didn't hear she had won competition speed shooting with the fastest time ever recorded. I believe it said she has won the trophy every year since she won at it at age 14. It said she holds over 50 records. I couldn't believe her,her mom and dad all were hitting the target to boot. Even double tap both targets were hit. Unreal!

I have to laugh because while I am still aiming to fire they have already put their guns back in their holsters after a double tap.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
I believe it was Bob Mundane who was the fastest shooter around before is passing. They used to have a video on You Tube where he shot 2 balloons in less than a second. As slow as You Tube is (during the reruns they show) you only hear 1 shot. The gun barely clears the holster as it goes off. I have seen the video of this family before and the old man still is the fastest but momma and the little gal ain't too shabby themselves. It's like the movies but this is the real thing. The only true gunfight in the old west was Wild Bill Hickok and he wouldn't have stood a chance at these people. It would take me 5 minutes to get my pistol out of the holster let alone fire the first round. These people are amazing!!!

Tommy

·
Registered
992 Posts
I saw Bob too. They did a special on him, I think on Discovery Channel. Using high speed cameras his whole draw and fire sequence was recorded and he hit his targets in unbelievable speed. His hand-eye coordination must have been superhuman.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
There is a You Tube video on Bob Mundane shooting the two balloons sounding like one shot like Tommy said. Unreal how some people can shoot that fast and accurate. I believe Mundane has videos selections after this video ends.

I have been doing some research into P&S {point shooting} and I found some very interesting comparisons of P&S to sight alignment shooting. I have an airsolft M&P40 to try experimenting with P&S.
Like the video on #1 the FBI actually trains P&S. Also military trains P&S for short distance combat shooting. I tried catching the girl's finger and thumb positions in video but she is to fast to catch it. No doubt she has the trigger pulled and is cowboy running the hammer with the long spur. She definitely is using P&S.
http://www.pointshooting.com/psxvideo.htm

·
Registered
992 Posts
In Cowboy Action Shooting, don't they also use something like rock salt rounds to decrease the ricochet risk? That would probably make hitting the balloon a little easier, but not much easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts