Pocket Pistol Lessons

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by threetango, Jul 16, 2015.

1. threetango

threetango Special Dance Instructor

2. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

I did, and I am a front pocket carrier..................................................

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Good reading,

Thanks for the post and link.

Jim

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Yea...Thanks 3T !!

5. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

Since I carry 3 ways, front pocket, OWB and IWB, in that preference, I can see advantages and hindrances to front pocket and IWB carry. When you IWB, you have to clear your over garment, draw and shoot. When you pocket carry, you grab your pants wherever you can near your pocket, with your off hand, while drawing your firearm out and shooting. They are both very close IMHO, as far as speed of draw. If you are wearing a coat, this makes IWB more challenging, in the clearing of over garments. I believe that this is one place where pocket carry is faster. I have found for me, that pocket carry has a faster presentation than IWB carry. This has affected my overall thinking on carry, and I have come to the conclusion that if your going to wear a coat or jacket, you might as well OWB. It's more comfortable. I usually only IWB when having to go to some fancy thing that my wife got me involved with, where you have to dress up and look presentable(I hate that) Then, IWB carry comes in handy when you have to tuck in dress shirts and the like. Otherwise, I'll take front pocket and OWB anytime.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2015
  6. cluznar

cluznar New Member

I only carry in a front jacket/coat pocket because it gives me fast access to draw the weapon. Otherwise I carry IWB, no front or rear pants pocket. I want fast access. :waving: