Please help my tighten the banana clip on my ruger 10/22

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by garretb, Apr 29, 2014.

1. garretb

garretb New Member

I have a Ruger 10/22 , And I use a 25 round banana magazine in it . I use this gun to hunt,and after riding on the 4 wheeler for a couple years , the magazine has started to rattle , and is loose . It still works , but the constant rattling is very annoying
    Does any body know how to fix this ???

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  2. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Without knowing more, hard to say. What mag? Is it only the one mag that's loose or are all loose? Noticeable wear anyplace?

3. garretb

garretb New Member

There is no ware ... I use a ruger brand banana MAGAZINE ... Yes all clips are loose , the 10 round clip is loose if you wiggle it , but it is not noticeable
    Because it doesn't hang out of the gun.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  4. garretb

garretb New Member

I put tape around the top of the magazine , and it made it fit more snug.

5. Grizz12

Grizz12 New Member

The piece you are talking about is called a "magazine". A clip is used to hold ammo ready to be loaded into a magazine.

6. threetango

threetango Special Dance Instructor

Good to see the correction was made and for those who confuse the two.

[​IMG]

7. Nogoat

Nogoat New Member

I thought you read a magazine and got a clip at the barber, wow I was way off!

8. mark

mark Member

The rifles I shot years ago, according to the paperwork that came with them said clips. Last time I checked, and they say, this goes back centuries, magizines were buildings or whatever that held expolsives and/or powder.
    My semi-auto 22s, and my 22 bolt actiom rifles all have clips, as do all my friends guns of that style.
    According to a recent writeup in the latest American Rifleman, its sort of like, to each his own.
    If I asked some of the people I know to see their magizine, they might hand me a copy of American Rifleman, or maybe a Playboy... Much more important in my life is protecting what I have from the anti-gunners.
    Just thought of something. I have a Winchester bolt action 22 that had the clip blown apart by a Remington shell, and when I called Browning about a replacement, they referred to it as a clip. Not that it matters, but they did send me some used parts from the warranty dept. and I repaired the broken one..

9. jmohme

jmohme Well-Known Member

Welcome from Texas!
    Have you had a gunsmith take a look at it?