Please don’t.

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by mriffey22, Jun 24, 2018.

1. mriffey22

mriffey22 Member

Dear self, I’m going to a gun show today. Please don’t make me spend all my savings on ARs and ammo. .

rugertoter likes this.
  2. Fireman22

Fireman22 Active Member

So how did you do? Ammo? Guns? Other cool deals?

3. mriffey22

mriffey22 Member

Not bad! I picked up 1000 rounds of 9mm at 16.4 cents per round. A sling for my AR 556 and some magazines for my XD. There was also a Swiss K31 rifle I wanted badly but couldn’t justify it just yet. Maybe next show :). A lot of antique rifles there.

Pancho_Villa likes this.
  4. pmdoit

pmdoit Member

I was at the gym show yesterday in GR, MI. Picked up some magazines for a couple of Rugers and 500 rounds of 38 special reloads for 25¢ per round. Gun prices were outrageous. Holsters were all junk. I wish I could find someone to make good quality custom leather holsters.

Pancho_Villa likes this.
  5. mriffey22

mriffey22 Member

There was a guy from desert gun leather at the show today. I’m not an expert but he seemed to have quality stuff and he ships. Deseetgunleather.com

6. pmdoit

pmdoit Member

Nice looking stuff on his site but he has very limited selection. Glock, Sig, NA arms and 1911. He doesn't have any Ruger holsters. I am going to contact him to find out if he is planning on expanding his line. Thank you

mriffey22 likes this.
  7. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

Swiss K31's are drying up.........grab a good one when you can!

nickndfl and mriffey22 like this.
  8. mriffey22

mriffey22 Member

On a side note, I read about the 1911’s the government was releasing for sale. Seems like they need your first born to get ahold of one and from what I understand you may end up with a piece of junk

9. RL Johnson

RL Johnson Active Member

There is a nice article in the August issue of the American Rifleman. They are government surplus M1911 and M1911A1 pistols. The prices are set by the Civilian Marksmanship Program and you will have to abide by their rules. Pricey but you will own a part of history.

Pancho_Villa and mriffey22 like this.
  10. rugertoter

rugertoter Active Member

Buddy, that's impossible.

Pancho_Villa, pmdoit and mriffey22 like this.
  11. quirky

quirky Active Member

I saw an interview with the guy who runs the factory came off as a arrogant snob. What they are doing is keeping these out of the hands of the average the only people buying them are safe queen types for historical value. That's how Uncle Sam roles when they want get something enacted and in this case 'gun control', the only reason they didn't destroy them is they are making money off of it.

In 15 years or less the average will not even be able to afford a car and that's how they will reduce emissions and get cars off the road, 60% or better will all be on public transport sitting next to the crazies and the smellies.

And within 25 years there will only be two classes poor and rich. By then 75% will be living in apts. under a slumlord.

Oh yeah that's how it rolls, make everything so damn expensive it prices people right out.

RL Johnson likes this.
  12. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

The best thing to do before going to a gun show is leave your big bucks and credit card at home. That's the only for sure way to not spend a bunch of money.

Pancho_Villa likes this.
  13. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Hey buster,

Don't tell them to leave their $ anfd guns at home. I'm one of the guys on the other side of the tables. We don't take credit cards, but we wil take your $, guns, knives, savings. Gun bags, ammo, holsters, & scopes are free of course. You just have to give them to us as part of the deal.

See ya st thr show next weekend...……….

Have a happy Easter!!!!!!!!!!

Kept my AR buying down to only 2 for last year. A .300 B.O. and a 5.56. Both built on Anderson matched uppers/lowers, Magpul furniture, floated forends, Magpul sights, Tac Bags & 8 mags total for 4 bills each. Set my limit on one this year at 3 bills. There are a lot of them out there right now and people have not been getting what they gave for them a year before. One of the gns I bought was supposed to be unfired. It looked like it. And the previous owner owner claimed that he had just replaced the forend to match the buttstock which was a quick detach. He had just got the sling for it a few days before. After going to all that work, at least he shoulda fired it.

I shot the hell outta it and I aint changing nothing. The .300 worked great also, but didn't get shot as much cause the ammo is expensive. Still gonna buy, but it will have to be cheaper.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019