Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have your purchasing pans changed any with the results of the election? I'd made it more of a pint to purchase some ammo this past yr but not really sure it was out of worry of the election at all. Certainly wasn't going to rush out and buy up black stuff. Still in inventory reduction mode but not really looking at anything other than possibly a Sig 1911 sometime this yr. No hurry.

·
Registered
275 Posts
No change of plans, other than to keep looking for good deals. Part of me would like to pick up a RAP compact, but the other part keeps saying "You don't have time to shoot what you already own!". We'll see who wins.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Plans? Like I really planned buying the guns I don't even need or shoot. I blame the buys on gun forum reviews and kickok45 videos. LOL

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Things have changed some for me.
I no longer feel the need to buy 22 ammo or reloading components that I don't plan to use soon.
I hope the way I feel about that is correct!

:GadsdenFlag:

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
I was really going to load up on powder and primers until I found out Trump won the election. I feel much better now especially since he has to nominate a SCOTUS individual. I feel he will find someone who has tradional and OUR values. With Reince Preibus, I think he will be on top of things and will demand the best and honest information he can get. Trump is a good business man and any body in business use their heads for more that hat racks. They try to find the most suitable person for a specific job and don't have to micro manage. He will make mistakes, but I feel he wants to take this country to something us baby boomers haven't seen in years. I just wish we were so danged old because it would be fun to start over again. I would even go into business with Bob, Buster, Spike and Jerry, as long as they let me be boss. I could stay there and stay "yes boss, yes boss"! The one thing that bothers me is Yale and Harvard had to let the students out of testing so they could cry and wipe the tears out of their faces. And Portland Oregon needs massive arrests. This is the democratic process the way it supposed to work.

Tommy

·
Registered
992 Posts
I may go buy an Ithaca 37 or a Winchester Model 12 to celebrate the fact that Hitlery didn't win...and some more M855 just because sooner or later there's going to be another gun banner running for POTUS...

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
The Donald is modifying his plans on several fronts. Apparently adjusting to what he has a shot at getting done.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
John I was looking at 22 revolvers when I eventually ordered the new MK IV.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Welp...here's the Ithaca Model 37. It's a Featherlight Deerslayer, 12 guage smoothbore. I was half joking when I said I was going to buy one to celebrate, but when I saw this one at the store today, I figured it was destiny...

Attachments

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
That is a great shotgun.
Ithaca is a name that don't seem to get recognition it should.

I have a Ithaca .22 Rifle that oozes with quality and will shoot with any brand.

The Ithaca Gun Company is a manufacturer of shotguns and rifles originally established in Ithaca, New York in 1880.
Ithaca also produced the M1911 pistol during World War II and the M3 Grease Gun during Korean War, both for the United States military. Its 12-gauge shotguns were the standard used by the Los Angeles Police Department and New York Police Department,

Just a tid bit on the company that made that shotgun.

:)

Jim

·
Registered
992 Posts
Thanks guys. It has a 24" pipe, rifle sights with the triangular fiber optic front sight that glows neon orange. Cylinder bore, not rifled, and the rear sight base is grooved for scope rings. I am stoked about getting some managed recoil slugs and hitting the range. I've never owned a slug gun before.

·
Registered
114 Posts
John I was looking at 22 revolvers when I eventually ordered the new MK IV.
It's hard to reconcile spending SP101 prices to shoot cheap ammo. Part of the whole idea is cheap fun plinking. I can buy about 2k rounds of .38sp for the price of one SP101. Plus, I wanted something that was not picky about ammo, and it seems every semiauto .22 is picky.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
The inexpensive Phoenix ha 22lr cost $160 and it shot anything I put in it. My MK II also shoots anything I put in it. I am hoping this new MK IV does the same.
I was looking at inexpensive 22lr revolvers that had great reviews and were smaller for concealed carry. I didn't end up with one so I guess I might still be looking. Figures.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Spike,

That's a nice little shotgun you have their. I have a Remington 870 with a deer slug barrel, 22" long and rifled. I only have 4 rounds in it. My wife has to jack the action if a BG comes around. If he doesn't recognize that sound, well, it will be his loss. The first 2 round are double 00 buck and the next 2 are deer slugs. Mine is all camouflaged though. I served as president for Ducks Unlimited for 10 years and they gave that to me when I retired and passed on the torch. I also have the regular 28" barrel, cleaning kit, and the box it came in. The night I received it, I was completely surprised. It was our banquet night and during the course of the dinner, they called me up to the stage and awarded it to me with a plaque. Present day value: priceless!!!

Tommy

·
Registered
992 Posts
Tommy you got my respect for being prez of DU. They do lots of good work here in Iowa where we've lost so much habitat.

Funny you should mention your 870 for home defense. That's exactly why I bought this Ithaca. Nothing handles like a model 37 IMO and that includes as a slug/buckshot gun. When I mount it the sights just line up almost automatically. Plus, it actually makes a decent bird gun once you figure out how to ignore the rear sight. I've shot a bunch of clay pigeons with a borrowed one before and if you can get on them inside of 75 feet it's nothing but powder.

·
Patriot
2,160 Posts
Yeah sprike, that is sort of a 'do everything gun'.

Even with a cyl bore the sights are good to have cause the shot spread is really tight up close.
Then you can use the sights for long shots (100 yd or maybe more) when loaded with slugs.
Cool :D I like it!

:GadsdenFlag:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts