Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BREAKING: CNN Cancels Piers Morgan’s Prime Time Show
February 23, 2014 at 19:03

"There have been times when the CNN host Piers Morgan didn’t seem to like America very much,” David Carr at nytimes.com opines, “and American audiences have been more than willing to return the favor. Three years after taking over for Larry King, Mr. Morgan has seen the ratings for “Piers Morgan Live” hit some new lows, drawing a fraction of viewers compared with competitors at Fox News and MSNBC.” And so BOOM! He’s gone. From Piers Morgan Live anyway. “It’s been an unhappy collision between a British television personality who refuses to assimilate — the only football he cares about is round and his lectures on guns were rife with contempt — and a CNN audience that is intrinsically provincial. After all, the people who tune into a cable news network are, by their nature, deeply interested in America.” In other words, his incessant anti-gun views were unpopular. Who saw that coming? Why Piers Morgan of course . . .

“Look, I am a British guy debating American cultural issues, including guns, which has been very polarizing, and there is no doubt that there are many in the audience who are tired of me banging on about it,” he said. “That’s run its course and Jeff and I have been talking for some time about different ways of using me.”

I’m sure our readers would have some suggestions on that front. Unfortunately our new commenting policy prohibits ad hominem attacks. So I’ll just say this about that: Mr. Morgan’s greatest failure was his inability to understand that elitism is not popular on this side of the pond, no matter how self-righteous its proponent.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Can we get Ted Nugent to replace him ?:)

I think anybody ,from another country, that hates and bashes the USA should be deported.

After they're severely beaten, and put in the military, and sent to fight in the great sand pit

Jim

·
Banned
5,591 Posts
Why is it that I envision Jim typing about Ted Nugent while blasting "Cat Scratch Fever" in the background? :p

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Cause Im such a nice guy ????

Jim

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
Glad that show is gone......what a clown. I agree with Jim......if you don't like America, just leave....

·
NRA Benefactor Member
1,345 Posts
send that pompous jerk back to the uk so jeremy clarkson can punch him again.
Sounds good to me....btw....love the S10...here is a pic of mine...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Can we get Ted Nugent to replace him ?:)

I think anybody ,from another country, that hates and bashes the USA should be deported.

After they're severely beaten, and put in the military, and sent to fight in the great sand pit

Jim

I'd watch that!!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
It's polarizing because of the media telling people what to think. If you're even semi intelligent you can see the other sides points, and it forces you into thew conclusion that we're all in this together and we just disagree on the finer points.

I'm glad he's gone. What a jerk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts