Photos of my new truck

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Tommycourt, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I tried to sell my 30 Model A Deluxe coupe and ended up trading instead. I could have used the money however this was a deal I couldn't pass up. I got a 1951 Chevy, 3100 1/2 ton short bed, 283 eng. 400 auto trans, 12 bolt rear end with 3.73 gears and A/C. Body is super straight with very little bondo and nice interior. I had a chance to sell it the next day when a man knocked on my door and offered me $24k for it and I turned it down. Here are a couple of photos. A few friends told me I should have sold it but I haven't driven it 20 miles yet and it has some sentimental value as my Grandpa had one when my grandparents raised me and we went everywhere in it. I am too old to build them from the ground up anymore and what used to be fun has become work. Here are a few photos. Hope you don't mind that I posted them. I have more but didn't want to make it too many. I hope I posted this in the right category. If not then maybe Jim can switch it to where it belongs.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  2. gumpy

gumpy New Member

Super sweet looking truck!

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Tommy, that is nice! I would seriously consider trading you my Stutz Bearcat for it - except I don't have one.

4. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

That's a sweet rig, Tommy. Enjoy it!

5. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

:camera: ... :Cooltu: ... :D ... :metal2:

:waving:

6. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Wow !! Just wow for you Tommy.
    BEE U TEE FULL machine.

Enjoy it for a long time.

Jim

7. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

That's a gorgeous ride.

8. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

It has AC??? Well heck yes you had to take that deal. Was it an even trade? I am wondering does the 283 have a nice loping cam in it?
    My dad had one like that for his TV store deliveries. LOL It didn't have a souped up engine in it though. It was a straight six banger and no chrome wheels.
    I would have done that trade in a New York minute living in the hot box called Arizona. Got to have AC.

9. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

10. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Buster,

I has an aftermarket A/C in it which needs to be recharged. I have a few little things to fix, door latch, recharge the A/C and a good hand paste wax which I will do in the next week. The guy who had it before spent a lot of money on it. Underneath it is super clean and was professionally done. My trade was even up for my 30 Model A coupe. Tonight at the car show a older gentlemen asked my wife what would the selling price be. She told him around $30K and he said he figured it would be pretty close to that. He stated he would come back next week and try to see if I would come down a little. Now whether he does or not is a different story that only time will tell. Around here these pick-ups command a good dollar as they are hard to come by. I really don't care if I sell it unless I can talk my buddy out of his 40 Ford coupe but that might be a chore as he has a 40 couple, a 40 panel truck and a 37 Ford with a 289 Cobra engine and 4 speed that was professionally built. I am happy with this truck and really don't care if I sell it or not. Just a fun car to drive. Lotza zip and drives real well.

Tommy

11. buster40c

Does the engine have a bigger cam in it for the lope sound? I love the sound of a nice cam and headers. Just about as swesome as the sound of a Model A. Totally different but still is music to me.
    Geeze I looked at time of your post and I thought that can't be right. geeze it really is that late/early. My bed is calling me now.

12. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Like the Chevy & the color too. I had a later 1960 model Apache 10 shortbed that I got in 78. Not as old at that one you have. It had a .283, pretty stock exchept of a 4 barrel & dual exhaust, headers, glasspacks, super wife rear tires. Wish I still had it, but that didn't work out. Was working on a 69 Ford shortbed F 100 and a Triumph 650 Bonnevile a few years later and had left the Chevy with my dad. It was in a flood from hurricane Allen in 1980 and my dad sold it cause of brake & transmission problems.

Your truck is much nicer than most of hte old ones I see around here.

13. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Tommy, that long, 'whip' gearshift lever brought back memories of the '47 Ford 3/4 ton I owned around 1960. That knob used to get to whipping pretty fast. Got my knuckles whapped more than once.

:)

14. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

My best friend in , and after high school, had a 56 chevy with a 283, had it bored over, .030" , I think. (remember the 327s? :))

He put cam, big Holley dual pumper, headers, 4:10 gears 4 spd on floor,

DO NOT underestimate the 283...;):cool::D, specially in that light pickup.

He cleaned the clock of many small block and big block wannabees.

Jim

15. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Awesome Ride Brother...enjoy it !!

16. hodge

hodge New Member

Nice! Life was created to enjoy, so keep doing it!

17. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

Fantastic truck Tommy, sure you look good driving it. Mounted any holsters in it yet?;)

18. buster40c

^^Only on a gun forum would that question be asked. Gotta love it.