Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mounted my scopes today finally. Mini 14 and Mini 30, both with Leupold VX-HOGs mounted on Ruger Low rings. The Leopold gives a long eye relief together with the low rings bring the scope back far enough and down low enough for a normal-feeling view. The result... Natural cheek weld and view are perfect! FINALLY, the right combination, for crying out loud!!! 

It also looks to still be plenty of room for proper brass ejection. I can't wait to take them to the range to zero and have fun.

·
gene814
12 Posts
Great looking mini.
I don't care for the AR look but want a rifle that shoots 556 or 233. The mini fits the bill for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Brass ejecting against scope's adjusting knob

Thanks, Loco, for the post and for the pictures. I have a 582 ranch version Mini-14 and Lately, I've been trying to get a scope to work properly. Current one is a Nikon M-223 1-4x20 Point Blank Reticle ... problem is that the brass is ejecting against the scope's adjusting knob (did on my Nikon Buckmaster too). I've adjusted it to its limits, fore and aft, with no luck. Right now, it's as far aft as possible.

So, my questions are - have you experienced anything similar and how are you doing now with your Leopold scoped Mini.

Pictures looked great!

Thanks again for jumping in on this subject.

Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I never fired either one. I realized that I could likely sell them both, unfired, at the gun show and come back out with an M1A. Which is exactly what I did. I've been watching out at the gun shows since for the guy who bought them (both!) since but haven't seen him. I have seen him there several times before so I know I should see him there again. I've been wanting to ask him the same thing.

BTW, I am loving the M1A. Recoil is much less than I thought it would be. I'm still exploring different ammo to see what it likes best. Next trip to the range is 168 grain bthp's. That thing is a BLAST to shoot.

Thanks, Loco, for the post and for the pictures. I have a 582 ranch version Mini-14 and Lately, I've been trying to get a scope to work properly. Current one is a Nikon M-223 1-4x20 Point Blank Reticle ... problem is that the brass is ejecting against the scope's adjusting knob (did on my Nikon Buckmaster too). I've adjusted it to its limits, fore and aft, with no luck. Right now, it's as far aft as possible.

So, my questions are - have you experienced anything similar and how are you doing now with your Leopold scoped Mini.

Pictures looked great!

Thanks again for jumping in on this subject.

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts