Peeps on handguns

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by ChrisKles, Jan 28, 2016.

1. ChrisKles

ChrisKles New Member

Anyone mounted aperture or peep sights on their Ruger revolvers? Below is the 'one hole sight' from Warren Custom Outdoors. Replaces the factory rear sight blade, and uses the factory front. Have this on my SBH. ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1454028712.036339.jpg

2. ChrisKles

ChrisKles New Member

Here is another look...I have also used these on a Mark III. They are available in a large and small aperture hole siz.
    ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1454029149.151306.jpg

3. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Interesting; glad to learn they are available. I don't have the problem with open rear sights on handguns that I have with rifles. I think it's because the sight is farther away from my eye. The advent of fiber-optic front sights makes a large aperture peep rear sight more attractive though; round in round.

4. ChrisKles

ChrisKles New Member

works for me, especially as I have aged...also a lot faster.

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Who makes them and where to buy them? Do they make to fit most guns? How much is average prices.

6. ChrisKles

ChrisKles New Member

Buster...google 'Ruger one hole sights Warren Custom Outdoors'. There is a fitting chart and pricelist...but for most of the Rugers the price is $25 and you get 2 sight blades in the package, one with a large aperture and the other small. I installed the small on my Mark III, and the large on my SBH. You use the factory front, and if you put a little bright paint or nail polish it really shows up (or you could swap out the front with one of those fiber optic sights they have at shopruger.com).