PC Carbine 9mm Sling/Adapters?

Discussion in 'Ruger Firearms Accessories' started by ron4735, Dec 4, 2020.

1. ron4735

ron4735 New Member

Have Model #19115 with M-LOK Fore end + standard butt Stock(not adjustable type). My first rifle.What MAGPUL Sling + "quick-disconnect" adapter(s) needed to attach sling to 1) M-LOK Fore End + 2)hole/opening on stock end. Need Magpul part numbers/description and best place to order from online. Want to attach sling at/near rear of M-LOK so I can add a light nearest muzzle end. Hope this makes sense from a newbie.

BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS likes this.
  2. BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS

BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS Active Member

I have a standard Ruger PC 9 Carbine rifle I am not sure what sling mount you need . But I sure like the PC 9 Carbine Rifle . I've taken it out Feral Hog hunting and Coyote hunting and have taken several of each with just ball ammo. I put a green hunting light on it and a SightMark Wraith day / night scope I zeroed it at 50 yards and at 100 yards its very accurate .I looked up the adaptor you need. https://www.amazon.com/ROCEN-Swivel...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

3. ron4735

ron4735 New Member

BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS likes this.
  4. ron4735

ron4735 New Member

Thanks for the info. I will follow through. Question: To all who read this: What are the top 2 best quality(name brand) "suppressors/silencers" for this Ruger 9mm model PC carbine(#19115) with threaded barrel and best place to purchase it? Know nothing about this. ONLY reason I want one is to prevent permanent hearing damage if I need to fire it indoors under a self-defense scenario. (Also the reason I don't own a self-defense shotgun.) What ATF procedures & costs will I incur? Turnaround time? I have & have had a continuously-active concealed carry permit since 2008 so I'm already in the FBI/ATF database, I assume. Would this speed turnaround time? Any insight is appreciated since I have never owned one. Thanks again to all who respond.

SGW Gunsmith likes this.
  5. BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS

BLACK RIFLE REVIEWS Active Member

When Biden is sworn in his first order will be a total ban on suppressors and all semi autos and limit all other firearms to 5 rounds .Better buy it now.

6. 0311

0311 Member

Picking the best silencer is going to be up to you. There are plenty of quality brands out there who make 9mm cans like, Rugged, SilencerCo, Dead Air, and Griffin. Best will be what you need, how much are you willing to pay, how long do you want it to be, how much dB reduction do you want? Personally, my favorite 9mm can is the Dead Air Wolfman. It's modular, it's quiet, and it's under $1,000.

Best place to buy a can right now is probably going to be whoever has it in stock. If a shop local to you has the silencer you want in stock that is even better because then you do not have to wait for it to be transferred to your local shop and then transferred to you. As for cost, in addition to the price of the silencer you will also have to (unconstitutionally) pay $200 for the NFA tax stamp. When purchasing an NFA item the ATF does not care at all about you having a carry permit. That doesn't make anything faster. Right now if you buy from a local shop that already has the can you want turnaround time is about 8 months or so. If you buy it online and it has to be transferred to the shop then you, you're looking at around 12 months. Go check out the local NFA dealer you want to use and talk to them about what they do for you. When you purchase the can they will walk you through the paperwork process and most will take your fingerprints and send everything off for you.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    DrewBone likes this.
  7. quirky

quirky Active Member

To the second part there, no it won't make a difference. The first part depends on who's in the house, believe it or not it was easier under Obama then Trump.
    The Biden camp has got idea's so if you decide to do it make your move now so it gets grandfathered in and that's a maybe even.

Biden has just named to heavily anti-gun people in key positions of which the health dept. being the biggest because what certain people have tried to do for years is label gun violence under a health crisis, which for the average law abiding gun owner means we most likely will have to carry insurance that will be prohibitively expensive for most.

Your expensive soup can may end being a expensive paper weight. If the powers that be decide to break it all down, we may have carry seperate insurance for anything not on the gun from the factory.

8. 0311

0311 Member

What was easier?

9. DParker

DParker Active Member

Oh, this should be good. Pray, tell the class how exactly it was "easier under Obama then [sic] Trump" to acquire a NFA stamp for a suppressor.

SGW Gunsmith likes this.
  10. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

Getting back to what you asked. The tax stamp costs $200.00 for the purchase and a check needs to be sent with your suppressor application, along with a photo and finger prints. The wait may take up to 8 months.
    It's been quite a few years since I applied, and got my suppressor but it doesn't read like you'll get any useful information from the likes of "quirky", so get in contact with a local person who sells suppressors and get "real" information you can use and rely on.

11. quirky

quirky Active Member

Gun sales in general. Never once did I have to even do a 3 day wait, Trump comes along and every purchase becomes a 7 day wait. And at multiple different FFL's and the info from them was everybody was getting flag, that comes from who he had at the ATF.

Then the bum screws the pooch with 'red flag', do you begin to understand what they are doing, never have to touch the 2nd amendment, just do end arounds. He had to make concessions to get elected and those are some of them.

Obama understood the real dynamics off it all because he didn't grow up privileged like most have in Congress, he understands the hood will always have the guns and you can't survive without one.

The game is to make it expensive because they know the majority of law abiding gun owners out here are operating on a shoestring. Ergo possible gun insurance in the near future. I myself can barely afford car insurance, and if they make it so even having a gun in the home will require insurance I'm really screwed.

The other interesting thing was how the NRA backed away from him over the last year or so and I think that comes from members asking what the heck is going on. You didn't hear from them like you did in 2016, they realized he had screwed over law abiding gun owners who happen to be poor and who by membership pay their salaries.

You think rich Trump is a member, interesting though he has a permit to carry a gun in New York city, so does Robert De Niro and Howard Stern.

And so you know I voted for the bum twice, what choice did we have, most of us knew and know what we get with a Clinton or Biden.

12. DParker

DParker Active Member

Like everything you post, that's complete and utter horseshit. It also has nothing to do with getting NFA stamps.

Life is tough when you're a pathological liar with the IQ of a potato.

SGW Gunsmith likes this.
  13. quirky

quirky Active Member

Your constant derogatory comments paints an interesting picture, are you yourself even legally able to own firearms ? (note that word legally)

14. DParker

DParker Active Member

ROFLMAO! Says the dipshit who doesn't even know what/where a firearm's chamber is.

SGW Gunsmith likes this.
  15. quirky

quirky Active Member

psst. (relax I'm not Trump) ;)

16. SGW Gunsmith

[​IMG]

17. SGW Gunsmith

And he (Obama) made damn sure that the drug cartels in Mexico got plenty of AR's through his wonderful gun running program he named "Fast and Furious".
    Ever read about that HUGE boondoggle that got a U.S. Border Patrol agent killed with one of those contraband rifles that stupid idiot provided them?, eh Fredo?

18. quirky

quirky Active Member

No doubt his family was nicely compensated and he buried with full honors. One learns in S. Texas what back roads to stay off of at night. If you own any AR's enjoy them while you can, Harris is worst then Biden and that's been the real plan all along to get her in. She could not have gotten elected on her own so they used Joe. And he'll be removed, drop dead or carted off to the home.

19. 0311

0311 Member

Do you ever post anything actually about firearms and not just political garbage? You went on an entire rant that was not remotely close to explaining how the NFA form 4 process has been any different in the last 12 years. Congratulations, another thread filled with horse crap instead of talking about firearms.

SGW Gunsmith likes this.