Patriotism

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by phideaux, Nov 14, 2017.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Ther are many ways a person can display their patriotism,
    I guess I just grew up in a more patriotic era.

This is what I see as a display of Patriotism..

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24E5wrTvKfA[/ame]

This is not what I consider a good display of Patriotism..

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laG1y6FpAhc[/ame]
    gq.jpg

Jim

WizardMaster likes this.
  2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Technically, Kaepernick is protesting racism during the national anthem. As I have stated in several venues, he should have found a better way; this one is counterproductive. Kap isn't stupid, but this action is.

[Mr. Skelton was "my kinda guy."]

WizardMaster likes this.

3. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

I agree there are better times and places for protesting. More players should have been ousted then he could have started a new team.;)

WizardMaster likes this.
  4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Well Kaepernick is supposedly being named citizen of the year. Now that has to be crap brown icing on the cake. How many are going to eat that cake?

WizardMaster likes this.
  5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Bullshit...this is the Liberals making themselves feel better by Identity Politics...BECAUSE...They have NO OTHER MESSAGE !!

PERIOD.

Kaperdick IS the Problem... and they want to raise him to a god-like status...

the NFL Owners ARE the Problem...NOT enforcing the Bylaws of their own League

Goodall IS the Problem...and he wants a 50 Million Dollar Raise !!!????

I'M NOT BUYING IT...NONE OF IT !!!

Went to one game this year...with a buddy who had season tickets...to enjoy some time with him.

NOT going to any other NFL games UNTIL all those OVER PAID BITCHES STAND !!!!!!

{ you can quote me... }

WizardMaster likes this.
  6. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Seems like Time Magazine (or was it Life) used do a Person of the year. But it seemed to be based on 'newsworthiness'. Some of those dudes were Really Bad People.

7. SHOOTER13

GQ...Time Magazine...Rolling Stone...or whoever and it's Person of the Year Cover can KISS MY ASS...

If they want a "Person of the Year"...try 12 months of this COVER on for size:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THEN THEY WILL KNOW WHAT PATRIOTISM...DUTY...HONOR...COURAGE...COMITTMENT... AND SACRIFICE REALLY MEAN !!!!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Kapearnick needs to serve 3 years in the Army, Marines, or whatever so he can learn what sacrifice means. Let him see fellow servicemen and women fall from an enemy shot fired, a RPG, AK47, see how much devastation takes place when you loose your best friend, foxhole buddy, or a member from your battery/platoon, when an IED blows your fellow comrade limbs off. He has no idea of what war is, how the people today are strickly volunteering their lives so he can shoot off his mouth about injustice. He can stick his ideals where the sun never shines. He has no conception of how many people have sacrificed their all so he can kneel in front of the greatest flag on the face of this earth, in the greatest country on earth. Send him to Cuba and let spew his ideals and see how long he lasts. I will kneel for the fallen but I will stand proud when I hear the national anthem and remember how this freedom was achieved! He can go to hell!!!

Tommy from the land of the eternal gratefulness of the men and women who have served our country.

WizardMaster likes this.
  9. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm pretty sure I can safely say, Tommy is in the Patriotic group.;):D

Jim

WizardMaster likes this.
  10. SHOOTER13

Yea Tommy......YEA !!!

11. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

12. mrmike7189

mrmike7189 Member

I am a LOSER! colin kapernick sucks.jpg

WizardMaster likes this.
  13. allenr

allenr Member

Being an old guy I was raised at a time when the vast majority of people felt a sense of pride in their country. I live in a retirement community. No one under 55 lives here. On national holidays like Memorial and Veterans Days, the 4th of July, Flag day the lawns are filled with American Flags. Some of us have a flag out every day.

There is new housing development near me. Mostly young families live there. On those same holidays you can hardly find a flag flying. The few that do appear are most often accompanied by a flag or banner that lets you know the person served in a branch of the Armed Forces. It saddens me to see the decline in appreciation for our country, which, for all its wrongs, is still the best country on this earth.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  14. Carl Crosby

Carl Crosby Member

How is that different from a know-nothing, do nothing being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize...for doing NOTHING! The world has gone MAD, I tell you! Silver-tongued serpents and allegedly intelligent "people of note"; athletes, Hollywierd personalities, etc.being idolized, and our servicemen and women and police officers being hated!:(