Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What special sayings, do ya remember from your parents ? OR what are some you have used yourself ?

Like,

"Bring me my belt"

"If I told you once, I told ya a 100 times not to...."

" Don't make me git up...."

I probly got a bazillion.

Jim

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
7,454 Posts
"Be home at dinner time...!!"

"Brush yer teeth...!!"

"Quit yer crying...!!"

"Are you done your homework...?!"

"Get to bed...!!"

"NO...we're NOT there yet...!!"

"Quit punching yer brother...!!"

·
Registered
81 Posts
Grandmother ~ go cut me a switch off the peach tree.. (wonder how the thing lived..)
Mom ~ don't make me get my hairbrush (broke a couple of them on my behind..)

Grand dad ~ don't tell Grandmother...
Dad ~ do what your mother says...

In the 40 years that I got to enjoy my father's time on this earth, I never heard him say a single cuss word. He was tough.. having contracted polio at the age of 14, being in an iron lung for months.. then being told he would never walk. Dad showed them differently. I got to meet the doctor that treated my father.. I was probably all of 15 at the time and didn't really understand why a doctor from so many years prior would seek out dad, just to check on him. Now, I realize that those were different times.. the mortality rate from polio in the 40's was very high..

Mom on the other hand, could cuss like a sailor.. and did it quite often.. Happy Mother's Day Mom!! Thanks for letting me live!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Lazy bastard!
A few years later when I proved to be a working fool, (got paid) I asked him why he always said that. Looked at me and said, well, didn't you used to wonder?
To his credit, he taught me how not to raise my kids.. And yea, I still miss him.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Anybody ever do the circle dance around your parent, with your left arm stretched high over your head by said parent, while hearing....

"Ill teach....whack,whack....you....whack,whack......to sass....whack,whack....me...":p

Jim

1 - 19 of 19 Posts