Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Can't tell from the pic, what parts you painted , or all of it.

What paint did you use?

Enamel, Laquer, Acrylic, etc?

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Welcome to the forum and it would get you off to a better start here on RT if you go to introduction thread and tell a little about yourself.
What did you use for paint on your P95? Did you strip down the gun completely and then paint it? Have you fired it yet to see if the slide and all are functioning correctly?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Krylon spray paint, I did take it completely apart and painted just the slide, and no I have not shot it yet

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
When I painted my P92 I had to clean the paint off the contact slide points because it wouldn't slide all the way to eject and feed another round. I used a special bluing paint made for guns.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Howdy,nice paint job.

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. As far as your paint job, I have to agree with Shooter. There are various other ways to change colors if you so wish. Personally I like stainless or old fashioned bluing but we are not all the same and we have different likes and dislikes. And Buster brought up a good point on paint in the slide rails. Normally you want to keep them as clean as possible to the slide moves correctly. When you fire your weapon, a lot of heat is generated and could very well cause the paint to peel, crack or jam up the slide. This is just MHO so you can judge for yourself. I would caution you on when you fire that pistol, I would fire single rounds and check the slide each time you fire.

Tommy.....from the land of eternal summer.....Az.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I am guessing it has been at least 2 years since I painted mine and it still is glossy and no chipping or peeling. I didn't like the stock crappy dull finish which is why I painted it. IMO It looks very good for a $50 paint job.
My Marlin model 60 that I painted at the same time still looks very good also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts