Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings - I am a new forum member from San Diego. I have a P89 that is in great condition. I also have a number of 15 round Ruger magazines. I am trying to find out if these 15 round mags are legal - or do I need to switch to my 10 round Ruger mags? My firearm is grandfathered legal and registered with the State of California Attorneys General office. Any suggestions for the best indoor range with good air conditioning here in San Diego County? Thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hello lajolla,
I am in San Diego as well. Your magazines are legal if grandfathered. Any other magazines acquired after would not be legal. Then again, who would know if they were or not. Plus, on some occasions high capacity magazines have been legally sold in California. You are okay to take it to the range.
For indoor ranges? There are too many to choose from. One good place is Iron sights.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Magnum for the legal Ruger mag capacity update. Currently there are many San Diego Federal District Court gun laws either in litigation or appeal - it is hard to keep up! Thanks for the Oceanside indoor range info. Do you have another suggestion for a well ventilated range closer to my LaJolla home?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks Magnum for the legal Ruger mag capacity update. Currently there are many San Diego Federal District Court gun laws either in litigation or appeal - it is hard to keep up! Thanks for the Oceanside indoor range info. Do you have another suggestion for a well ventilated range closer to my LaJolla home?
lajoll, The one that was closer to your home in La Jolla burned down some years ago and never reopened. I was frequent at that range when I was in the service.

There is one that is closer but further south toward Sea World. Just off of Tecolote and Morena. It is called "Discount Gun Mart". It is a gun store with an indoor range. Though small but okay and well ventilated. Lots of LEOs visit this location. It is a good store and the customer service is pretty good and friendly.
I haven't visited them in years but I'm sure it still functions the same as back then.
There is also "The Gunner" off of Garnet, across from La Jolla Sports, but not sure if they ever opened their shooting range.

·
Registered
82 Posts
There are lots of 10 round ruger mags out there for the P series guns. I would start with Ebay,Gunbroker, etc.
The same Ruger magazines all fit these 9mm guns. P89/P93/P94/P95/PC9

1 - 5 of 5 Posts