P series

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by gunman42782, Apr 8, 2018.

1. gunman42782

gunman42782 New Member

I got to say, I really wish Ruger would consider bringing back the P series guns. I used to work in a gun shop (7 years) and we used to sell the crap out of them. I have 4 P series pistols, and would put them up against any of the striker fired guns. I do also have a 9E that I really like, but I guess I am just partial to the old hammer guns.

835mag likes this.

2. 67stingray

67stingray Member

You are right, the P series was a great run of guns and they had some class about them, everyone seems to be obsessed with the polymer Glock type of pistols. Honestly they don't do anything for me.

3. d524ax

d524ax New Member

I have to say, the P95DC is the only non-metal gun I can shoot well. I struggled with Glocks and Kahr. The P95 is older, cheaper and has way more character. The FO front site also helps.

4. rstewart

rstewart New Member

I have a P95DC that is a great shooting pistol. I had P90 that I could not hit the side of a barn with the door closed. Traded it for a sweet 16.

5. potmetal

potmetal New Member

I just got another P89. Us old guys remember how tough and reliable they are. The weight and bulk doesn't bother us, it's what a gun is supposed to feel like.
    Newer shooters are growing up with polymer and striker fired triggers. They are the future of the sport and companies will make what they want. They know that us old guys will keep the used gun market going and keep buying mags, sights, grips, etc that keep the parts dep't in business.
    I'm just glad that used Rugers haven't jumped in price like Colts and S&W has.

mrmike7189 and rstewart like this.
  6. mrmike7189

mrmike7189 Member

I stopped buying Ruger pistols after they discontinued the P series. If I ever want another pistol, I will just buy another P gun from the used gun store.

7. potmetal

potmetal New Member

I hope you don't mind me reviving an old thread but, it's P series related.
    I traded for a very nice P90 today. It's a 1995 vintage, decocker, 3 mags, box, 3 boxes of Armscor 230gr JHP, and Hogue wrap around grips on it. It's as clean as a whistle, a heavy whistle, BTW. There's just something about those old guns that make them hard to resist. I checked at Walmart and they have 100rd boxes of Federal Aluminum for $28 right now. I'm going to have to stock up on plinking ammo and save the hollow points for special occasions. Oh, and all this for about $300. I'm happy.

mrmike7189 likes this.
  8. mrmike7189

mrmike7189 Member

yeah you definitely get your moneys worth out of the P series. I got mine for $298. It is a P944 from 1995. They seem to last forever.