Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have tried following previous threads about best methods for cleaning a Mini 14 and best cleaning kits out there. Otis cleaning kits are mentioned more than any other cleaning kit.

To be fair, most of the posts were awhile ago. Kleen-Bore has a new pull cleaning kit the allows, if one desire, a cleaning patch, brush, and then another cleaning patch with one pull. Of course, one could use different combinations. Has anyone used Kleen-Bore's new kit? If so, how do you like it?

Since I am not real familiar with both systems, to my mindset, it seems Kleen-Bore would do the same job as Otis, perhaps better, and you do not have to use Otis' proprietary patches. Am I missing something here?

My guns are: 30.06, Mini 14, 12 and 20GA (haven't shot in awhile but may take up skeet this winter), S&W 686, Sigs P229 & P228, Kel-Tec P3AT, and recent purchase XDSC.

I appreciate all feedback.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I just for the first time used Hoppe's bore snake on my M&P 15-22 and it did a good job cleaning it. This snake cleans .22, 223, and 5.56 barrels.
CodeSection it is customary for new members to go to the introduction section and introduce yourself with a little about yourself and your gun experiences. The other members enjoy getting to know you and welcoming you to the forum. We appreciate new members reading the rules and regulation sticky thread so all can have a more enjoyable time here on RugerTalk forum.
Welcome aboard and enjoy your time spent here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts