Ordered grips for my SR1911 LWCMD 45

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by hodge, Nov 2, 2016.

1. hodge

hodge New Member

I ordered the Ruger grips, with the spread wings laser etched, from the Ruger store. They were $20 cheaper than what I was finding on ebay, and they have been shipped super fast! They went out yesterday, and they are on the truck for delivery, today! The few times I've dealt with Ruger directly, I've been extremely impressed with their attention and speed of processing.

The original grips are fine as far as looks, but they are too thin for my hands. I didn't realize what I was missing until I got my SR1911 9MM- those thicker grips are a perfect fit for me. So, hopefully, these grips will be agreeable. I didn't want to order the same black rubber grips as the 9. I like the differentiation.

2. hodge

hodge New Member

[​IMG]

$42 and change, shipped.

3. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

^^that a beauty there Hodge!

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

5. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Hodge,

I went through the same thing when I got my LW. The grips are more narrow than the standard commander and I have long fingers. I wanted to put some fancy grips on them, just for vanity reasons, and then I started pricing. I thought mammoth teeth or giraffe bone would be neat. They are and so is the price. For pratical reasons I ended up using Pachmyrs which I have on all 3 of my SR1911's. During the summertime out here sweat is virtually all over you and especially my hands. The standard grips are nice BUT in time of need they were not comfortable whereas the Pachmayrs fit my hand well. They can be tough to install though but I heated them with a hair dryer first then pulled them over the grip. Please show us some pics when you get them installed. My standard commander is something I would like to "doll" up if and when I get the money.
    Good for you and I hope you like them!!!

Tommy

6. hodge

hodge New Member

Tommy, the photo above is of the new grips.

7. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Hodge,
    I didn't look that close at them, but they sure look like the factory grips. I took mine off right away and put them in the box along with all the paperwork and tools. Ruger makes good looking grips and you can't deny those ain't good looking. Let me know how they feel when you shoot. As long as they work for you, then that's all that counts!! Good luck!!!

Tommy

8. hodge

hodge New Member

The factory grips are double diamond textured, with the shiny, plastic Ruger emblem in the middle. These are more comfortable, subtle, and attractive.

9. hodge

hodge New Member

Tommy, I got to shoot it earlier this evening, right before the sun disappeared. A young man, who used to be in the youth group that I pastor, had ordered some Meprolights for his Sig P229. I installed them for him, and he wanted to shoot it and see how they were. I figured it would be a good time to test the new grips on my LWC, so we got about 20 minutes of range time in before it got too dark. I really like the grips- they feel very natural, perfect for the size of my hands, and nothing stood out as odd or uncomfortable- they are just right. I am very happy with them, and I shot well, to boot.
    Ethan, the young man, was very happy with his night sights. I let him shoot the SR, and he loved it. I see one in his future.