Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I have one just like you have shooter13. It is the gun that actually makes me look like a decent shooter. I got a deal on it off gunbroker a few years ago for around $325.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, Shooter. I've owned quite a few Sig models over the last few years. My first handgun was a Springfield XD9, and my second was a Sig P238. When I bought that Sig, I fell in love with it. Mind you, I didn't have any issues with the Springfield, but I knew that the Sig was in a little different league. I have enjoyed the journey of experiencing most of the P series guns, and I have been refining what I like the most. I am down to that P238, a non-cataloged P220 Elite Stainless (Reverse Two-Tone carry), and this P229 Legion.
As a matter of fact, it's been a long time since I've been down to only 3 Sig handguns.
I appreciate many different makes and models, but Sig is my favorite.
I say that with respect to Ruger- I do respect their lineup, and I prefer the more traditional SR 1911 to the Sig offerings. Sig 1911's are fine guns, but I like the internal extractor, series 70 non-safeties, and the thinner grip of the Ruger. I also prefer the value of the AR-556 to Sig offerings.
Buster, you got a fantastic deal on a classic Sig. You will be very hard pressed to find a deal like that again.

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
That's a fine gun you got coming.
A real beauty too.

I'm also a Sig fan,......and a Ruger fan, SA fan, Berreta fan.....S&W.:rolleyes:

I CCW a SIG UC 1911 everyday. It ooooozes with quality.

Look for ward to some pics and a range report.

Jim

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Looking good. Interested to see the range reports with it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My daughter and I took it out for a spin today, along with my new Weatherby 12 gauge. Both ran great.
The Legion- I really like it. The foundation, a 229, is already a fantastic gun. The additions make it sweeter.
We ran 140 rounds of various stuff, without a hiccup. It is accurate, the trigger is great, and I love the G-10 grips.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Glad you liked it. LOL what is the next gun on the "LOOKY" counter? "Lead me not into temptation" for man meant.........man should not go where many guns are on display.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Glad you liked it. LOL what is the next gun on the "LOOKY" counter? "Lead me not into temptation" for man meant.........man should not go where many guns are on display.
Nothing. I know- famous last words.
I am very happy with what I have.
Today.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Range report- I've taken the Legion out twice now, and I've run a variety of stuff through it. Brass and aluminum case, FMJ and HP's, different brands. I've put a measly 250 rounds through it, without a hiccup. It is very accurate- both the Gray Guns trigger and the custom G-10 grips are amazing.
My daughter went with me the first time, and she put rounds through it. She is very green, and she still perceived that the trigger is special in it. She liked it, but she preferred to shoot the Weatherby 12 gauge. She's addicted to that thing.
The Legion is a winner, in my opinion. It is refined and the best of the 229 offerings.
I snapped a panoramic photo of where I shoot, for what it's worth-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts