Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been wanting to pick up one of the new RPR for a while now and finally pulled the trigger on one of the new styles after I won some jingle in a fishing tournament recently. I can't wait until the rifle arrives, but in the interim I went ahead and ordered a Vortex PST scope and a bipod for it.

I picked up a few boxes of Hornady Superperformance in 129 grn SST. What factory loads are you guys getting the best groups with? Once I get enough fired brass I'll start reloading for it, but it will be factory loads for a while.

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1462839330.963578.jpg

Attachments

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Congrats,

Let us know when it arrives,

Need some pics..:)

Jim

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Haven't been able to comment until now because I'm so jealous! Always wanted the RPR.

Waiting for pics!

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
I have never won anything in a fishing tournament including money. I was at a fishing spot one time where the fish were so eager to bite my hook that I had to stand behind a tree to bait the hook, but alas, I never caught anything. If you can make money fishing, you might want to think about using it a a new day job. I can take a dozen nightcrawlers to a lake or pond and only use 1 worm. I guess some guys have all the luck. And my fishing pole, when I cast my reel ends up looking like a bird nest!!!! By the way, the rifle looks neat!!!!!

Tommy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have never won anything in a fishing tournament including money. I was at a fishing spot one time where the fish were so eager to bite my hook that I had to stand behind a tree to bait the hook, but alas, I never caught anything. If you can make money fishing, you might want to think about using it a a new day job. I can take a dozen nightcrawlers to a lake or pond and only use 1 worm. I guess some guys have all the luck. And my fishing pole, when I cast my reel ends up looking like a bird nest!!!! By the way, the rifle looks neat!!!!!

Tommy

I have been ate up with fishing for as long as I can remember. If I could find a stable job making comparable wages and benefits to what I am now, I'd be all over it. Im just not sure that one exists. Until then, I'll just stick to recreational fishing and squeezing in a few tournaments when I can. I guess we all have to have something to dream about....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts