Order the "Enhanced" Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor

Discussion in 'Ruger Rifle Forum' started by Gr8_Outdoorsman, May 9, 2016.

1. Gr8_Outdoorsman

Gr8_Outdoorsman New Member

Well, I've been wanting to pick up one of the new RPR for a while now and finally pulled the trigger on one of the new styles after I won some jingle in a fishing tournament recently. I can't wait until the rifle arrives, but in the interim I went ahead and ordered a Vortex PST scope and a bipod for it.

I picked up a few boxes of Hornady Superperformance in 129 grn SST. What factory loads are you guys getting the best groups with? Once I get enough fired brass I'll start reloading for it, but it will be factory loads for a while.

ImageUploadedByRuger Forum1462839330.963578.jpg

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Congrats,

Let us know when it arrives,

Need some pics..:)

Jim

3. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Muy bueno compadre!!!!!!!! Looks like a good shooter. Guess ya will be doing a range report?

4. Gr8_Outdoorsman

Thanks guys,,,, I'll definitely post up some pics and a range report when I get the opportunity

5. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Haven't been able to comment until now because I'm so jealous! Always wanted the RPR.

Waiting for pics!

6. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I have never won anything in a fishing tournament including money. I was at a fishing spot one time where the fish were so eager to bite my hook that I had to stand behind a tree to bait the hook, but alas, I never caught anything. If you can make money fishing, you might want to think about using it a a new day job. I can take a dozen nightcrawlers to a lake or pond and only use 1 worm. I guess some guys have all the luck. And my fishing pole, when I cast my reel ends up looking like a bird nest!!!! By the way, the rifle looks neat!!!!!

Tommy

7. Gr8_Outdoorsman

I have been ate up with fishing for as long as I can remember. If I could find a stable job making comparable wages and benefits to what I am now, I'd be all over it. Im just not sure that one exists. Until then, I'll just stick to recreational fishing and squeezing in a few tournaments when I can. I guess we all have to have something to dream about....