opinions

Discussion in 'Ruger Rimfire Forums' started by paulkalman, Jun 11, 2014.

1. paulkalman

paulkalman Member

Hi all: Been thinking about an RAR in 17 hmr. Anyone have one? hows it working out? thanks

2. Redleg

Redleg New Member

I have the RAR in .22WMR and it is an absolute tack driver. I really really like the gun. Hopefully we can get some comments here about the .17HMR variant. American Rifleman tested the .22LR and .22WMR versions and noted that the .22WMR version was unusually accurate. My copy bears this out.

[​IMG]

3. cgor

cgor New Member

I have a RAR in 22 LR and it is also a tack driver.I have shot over 500 plus rounds thru it so far and have not had any issues.

4. Redleg

Redleg New Member

One thing about the RARs is that at first the bolt is kind of stiff. When you play with it in the gunstore you are likely to be unimpressed. However, I found that mine smoothed out very quickly when firing it and working the bolt at home before going to the range. I am very pleased with the rifle.

5. GeraldMD

GeraldMD New Member

Still working on my RAR full size in .17hmr, having problems with split case necks 50% of the time with Winchester and 3 of 50 with a old lot of Hornady, talked to customer service at Ruger and they offered to issue a pick up tag. I'm waiting to try some newer lots I have on hand. Accuracy has been good but the Hornady rounds that split the necks hit out side of the established groups.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And a 100 yard target with three groups from the RAR .17 and three from a Krico 320 .22lr I recently purchased.

[​IMG]