Opinions on sp101 holsters

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by Wisewolfhowling, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Wisewolfhowling

Wisewolfhowling New Member

I currently have a simply rugged owb holster that I really like but as far as iwb holsters go what do you guys think is a good holster to look at for quality and comfort?

2. Heater

Heater New Member

I, too, have an SP101 that could use an IWB, so I'm all ears on this thread. Mine is a 3" though, not the snubby.

3. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

I tried a few different holsters for mine. Tried the big, popular brands and just didn't like 'em. Took a chance on a design that, at the time, was a new concept, the tuckable. Mitch Rosen "Workman". That was it. Aside from being perfect in fit and finish in every regard, it was the one that hooked me on his work. Costs a bit more than most want to spend, but you get what you pay for. In my opinion, if it's to be used for such an important role, isn't the few extra dollars worthwhile, especially for the quality you get? Another key part of a GOOD holster is getting a GOOD belt too. Ordinary belts just aren't suitable for the added weight.

4. Wisewolfhowling

Wisewolfhowling New Member

Does the workman only have one belt loop? If so does it move around with the weight of the sp101

5. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Single loop design. No real noticeable movement but it is used with one of belts so it's a good tight fit.

6. RUT

RUT New Member

I recently bought one of these from custom holster maker Don Herring, and it's a beautiful piece of work for a paltry $60.00! If anyone's interested he can be reached at don@dhcustomleather.com

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  7. Blkhawk73

Blkhawk73 Member

Rut, that's a nice looking holster.

8. firemanjm

firemanjm New Member

Mitch Rosen IWB

I've got a Mitch Rosen IWB that I talked tony into making for me. the SP101 fits well and the holster holds up really well. I don't use it that often but only because I usually carry a 1911.

9. JohnColey

JohnColey New Member

I use the silvet dollar pancake with the iwb loops. Does a good job with my 4in sp101

10. JEEPTECH3

JEEPTECH3 New Member

I use a don hume H715, it's a single clip however I don't have any complaints with it.