One More Question Ruger Super Blackhawk

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by MARYANN, Mar 9, 2019.

1. MARYANN

MARYANN Member

I sent a Ruger Super Blackhawk to a Gun Smith (sent it with my son he lives close) .
    My son gave it back to me today and it is not right at all .

I ask the Gunsmith to install a Free Spin Pawl in this Ruger a Power Custom Part .
    Now the problem the hammer dose not cock and hold most of the time . If I cock the hammer fast and hard it will set some of the time . I hear a hard metal sound when I do try to cock it and the hammer is not holding good set on the trigger . Also if it does set the trigger pull is very lite .

Question Is the Free Spin Pawl just not fit well or other problems ??

2. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I would call the gunsmith and ask him about it. I am surprised a gunsmith would give a gun back to someone knowing it wasn't right.

SGW Gunsmith likes this.

3. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

It sure befuddles the hell out of me also. I can't even imagine presenting a revolver back to a customer in that "unsafe" condition. Either he hosed up the trigger, or the hammer notch engagement. Sounds to me like you've been having some horrendous luck with 'smith choices.
    At this point I'll assume you got the free spin pawl from Ron Powers. If so, give them a call and explain what's going on.

4. MARYANN

MARYANN Member

Yes the hammer notch engagement was off i called Powers and Ron told me what to do . My Revolver Is 100% now thank everyone .
    PS. Ron told me to just send my guns to him from now on .

SGW Gunsmith likes this.
  5. SGW Gunsmith

SGW Gunsmith Active Member

That's NOT an offer to refuse! Great people there.