Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didn't stay in the woods long, forgot my bug juice and the skeeters tried to kill me

Reactions: MagBlackhawk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dang! .
I had to go check to be sure my hand carved, old time home varnished hiking stick is still where it's supposed to be cause that one looks just like mine.
Cool pic (y)

Mag
7' long red cedar sapling I cut at one of my hunting spots, let it dry for about four months then put a coat of Formby's on it. It's like a steel pipe, couldn't break it if I wanted to.

Reactions: MagBlackhawk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't eat rodents. I'll leave them for the recent Asian imports.
You dont know what you're missing, must be a city boy.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope, I prefer steak ( Elk, Moose, deer), to tofu.( rodents). In my forests, I notice that the Asian city Boys come up and ruin the deer hunt, in their quest for rodents.
Yea and they dont follow the rules either, take way more than their limit.

Reactions: 40nascar

·
Registered
212 Posts
I don't eat rodents. I'll leave them for the recent Asian imports.
Squirrel has been traditional table fare in the U.S. for a long, long time. It's also more nutritious/healthier than most of what you can buy at your local grocery store. And as a bonus, it's delicious.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Squirrel has been traditional table fare in the U.S. for a long, long time. It's also more nutritious/healthier than most of what you can buy at your local grocery store. And as a bonus, it's delicious.
They are also famous for being carriers of Bubonic Plague ( and there are somewhat frequent reports of that in my area). I'LL pass, and let the City Boys have them.

·
Patriot
2,178 Posts
7' long red cedar sapling I cut at one of my hunting spots, let it dry for about four months then put a coat of Formby's on it. It's like a steel pipe, couldn't break it if I wanted to.
Nice stick. Mine is made from Arizona drift wood that I picked up in a dry river 'wash' in the desert mountains north of Phoenix.

I used to like to take my Single Six along when I went shotgun hunting. I'd use the revolver for close shots. If I left the shotgun at home I probably wouldn't have very many squirrels to haul in.

Mag

1 - 12 of 12 Posts