Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question. I wanted to post this on the Ruger Holster thread but couldnt find the post icon. Same with the show off your Rugers, are some of these closed. why? Any way I'll show it off here. I had the holster made by Rusty Sherrick years ago. Its been with me a long time and a great white tail harvester.
Ruger 3 Screw 015.jpg
CH]
Ruger 3 Screw 026.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Fine SBH, I commented on it on your other post, you better hang on to that one. You don't find many first year of production these days.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ive had a lot of offers over the years but could not imagine parting with it. I dont shoot it much any more. Was my white tail go to but its earned a rest. Ive an older flat bot M77 .243 to fill its shoes and does it well. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've also got a older tang safety M77 .243, great rifles - got a few of the M77s.
I had bought and sold an older M77 in .220 Rocket which is basically a .220 Swift Improved and why I sold it Ill never know Love the M77s. And that one was a hoot to shoot! I dont think I have a picture of it either. Another all time favorite is this one I bought new had to be in the early 70's its a #1 >220 Swift with a 12x Ertinal (I wont even try to spell it, I cant even pronounce it lol). Its still a favorite always will be.
220 swift 12 power.jpg

·
Registered
193 Posts
Nice rifle TnTom and that's what I call a scope there, something you'd see on an old sharps. Gotta love the No.1's, I've got a few, the pic is of a couple of them, a .270 1B and 30-06 1B.
Ruger No.1s 270 & 30-06 #1.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice rifle TnTom and that's what I call a scope there, something you'd see on an old sharps. Gotta love the No.1's, I've got a few, the pic is of a couple of them, a .270 1B and 30-06 1B.
View attachment 11806
those are gorgeous. I think the #1 is one classic that will always stand the test of time. Its not often they are seen in calibers other than the Swift or 22-250. Those are sweet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks, can't have too many only problem is they are not that inexpensive.
I bought mine in the early 70's if I recall (I dont do that very often any more) but I think I paid less than $500 Im sure. Not no more, maybe was even closer to $400. which seemed like a lot of money.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Now a days you'll $800 on up for No.1's, most the time over $1,000. I've gotten one of mine for $550, but that's rare. I do have one that has had a custom barrel installed on it. It's now chambered in .17 Remington, a caliber never offered from Ruger. It is a great shooting varmint round. The pic is of it.
Ruger No.1 .17 Rem. #1.jpg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I keep saying my collecting days are over but I never say never. If I saw one again for $500 Id have to break down I know those days are long gone for the most part. That one has some beautiful wood.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts