Old Owner, New Piece, New Member

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ky1022, Dec 19, 2016.

1. ky1022

ky1022 New Member

I discovered this forum while looking for insight to my new 10/22 TD. I have a few Rugers since 1980's...Target MKII, Redhawk, LC9S, and now my new 10/22 TD, which is an awesome amount of fun. Actually they are all awesome fun.

My question for the TD is...what are the no-brainer DIY mods for plinking, scoped and peeped?

Specific wants; Pad to extend LOP, and cheek riser (I am 6'-6"). Fix the darned bolt release. Smooth the trigger. I have a UTG bug buster, but would like to install a peep to use when the scope is off. The Ace Hole Fire Sight looks fragile to me, Skinner doesn't make anything to fit a piccatiny, and Tech Sight confuses me.

Are there Stickys for this?

That is a lot of questions in a row. Any thought is appreciated. Thank you.

2. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Welcome to the forum!

3. paulruger

paulruger Active Member

Welcome from Texas!

4. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to Rugertalk,

Thanks for joining,

Jim

5. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hah. Aside from the welcomes you've received, (plus mine - welcome) there are reasonably easy mods for most of what you don't like. I have no problem with the standard bolt release, but some folks do, and there is a semi-drop-in mod for it too. There are a few 10/22 fanatics here, you'll probably get a response. In the meantime, Google on it. The stuff is out there.

6. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Welcome to the forum!
    :welcome:

7. havasu

havasu In the army now..

I received a disturbing PM from this new member.

Administrator,

I signed up for the forum last nite. Immediately after, I began to receive a volume amount of spam email. I will remove myself from the forum registratin immediately. No sour grapes here, I know the world is not perfect, and it could be coincidence. But if not, you folks have a problem.

We take this stuff seriously. Administrating 20+ forums, this is the first i've heard of this and can assure you that this spam did not come from Carbon Media Group, and if it did, I myself would resign from here immediately.

I have forwarded this PM up the chain of command and promise everyone that if there is something wrong, I will let everyone know right away.

In the mean time KY1022, please log out, then log back in to clear your cookies, and stick around to determine if this spam is on our end or your end... and I'm going to quickly guess it is the latter.

8. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. I imagine someone will chime in with answers to your questions.

I have yet to receive spam from being on this forum.

9. Oldhand

Oldhand AKA Rawhidekid! Lifetime Supporter

From watching Hickock45, I would think if you removed the rail you could mount the Skinner peep in the whole in the top of the receiver. Never used them myself but that was the impression I got.

10. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

There are spambot critturs roaming cyberspace, collecting email addresses. They shouldn't have been able to detect KY1022's email address from his post here, but I'm not so sure about his IP address.

11. havasu

havasu In the army now..

I don't know, since I can not get him to respond back, but I'm wondering if he is confusing spam with his notifications here?

If anyone has a concern, you can easily turn off any or all notifications by clicking on the "my account" tab at the top of all the pages here. If you need help, please ask one of the mods or admins here.

12. phideaux

I wish he would respond back to us and let us see where the problem is.

Id like to know what type SPAM/Emails he is seeing.

I get spam emails all the time, but it has never been from visiting one of our forums..

Jim

Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  13. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I have never gotten any spam from our thread and most of you know I am on here almost everyday running my pea sized brain and my big mouth. It has to be on his end. I am really happy with all the work that is done here to keep things "in house".

Hang in there Havasu - you are doing a great job along with the other moderators.!

Tommy

14. Oldhand

I think what he is referring to is the emails sent advising of people commenting on your post. Instead of seeing what was said only here you are deluged with emails.

15. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Great. That service is optional, can be turned off.

16. Oldhand

How? I would be interested in that feature.

17. phideaux

Check out post #11

Jim

18. Uncle_Louie

Uncle_Louie 1968 Ford Galaxie 500 XL

Welcome to the forum.

Attached Files:

19. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Oldhand, I took the liberty to change these notifications for you, even though they are all available to all members by using "my accounts" tab. Yours was set to send a daily email to you to remind that your account had activity or someone posted a reply to something you had discussed. As you will see below, there are 5 options under user options, and you had the "daily email notification" box checked. I have changed it to "do not subscribe." If anyone else would like me to do it for them, please let me know!

Automatic Thread Subscription Mode:
    Do not subscribe
    Subscribe with no notification
    Instant email notification
    Daily email notification
    Weekly email notification

20. Oldhand

Thanks Havasu & Phideaux all help appreciated. :D