Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jim just told me I've already goofed up by not posting my intro as my first thread. SOOOOOOO...., prepare to be under-whelmed gang.

I'm 73 today. I'm a vet. I started hand gunning at 21, and escalated my involvement as I progressed through nearly 40 years of LE positions. I've taught, trained, transitioned, merchandised, and after all of that, I am amazed at how little I know about most things, although a lot about others. I'm still learning and I enjoy the process. With all the 'experts' I've met on one side of the counter or the other, I've learned a lot over the years.

I live in the mountains of south central Idaho, but will be moving to the flatlands in January. The house is too big, the staircase was built by Satan, and when it snows, this Arizona boy has found himself up to his armpits in the stuff. Not good for someone my age.

In my day, the Colt Python was my duty weapon before we went to autos. My first auto was a Browning Hi Power and I've never been without one since. In fact I now own two. I also have the mandatory S&W Dirty Harry Mdl. 29 and a 6" Mdl. 19-5. I own two customized 1911's, two Sigs, a Beretta .380, one Glock, a Ruger Redhawk and a 1969 Blackhawk three screw. Got some long guns too, but don't hunt anymore.

I've jumped outta airplanes, taught a martial art, played with an English rock band, dated a movie star and was married to two strippers (not at the same time). One for 30+ years. My wife Carol has been a bud since high school, and we finally got back together in 2007 after not seeing each other for 57 years. Got married three years ago, and she's a sweetheart. Likes to shoot too.

My kids have all grown up to be good people, and I am a grandfather and great grandfather just like some of you are. I've had a busy and eventful life, and when its finished, the next adventure starts.

Hope that tells you some of who I am. Its the SECRET stuff thats really interesting but ya won't hear that from me. LOL

Jerry

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Lol! Definitely not under-whelming! Wow! Heck of an intro!
Happy Birthday! Thank you for your service from me and my family! We are forever grateful!
You have me laughing so hard at the staircase built by satan Not sure what you mean by at your age. All the 70's year olds I know are studs
You have a great collection of firearms! Some one will probably harass you for pics at some point. lol! They like to drool all over their screens
You sure sound like a heck of a man. Welcome! We're so happy to have you joining our little family.
And we love a joker
Again welcome and let us know if you have any problems. :)

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a Zonie (Arizonian) and like you, no way can I stand out in the snow. Best place for me to see snow is on a postcard. Now it's down to 62 degrees and I have on a heavy coat and cap. When you are used to 90 degrees being comfortable, that 30 degree drop is a killer. BTW-very nice intro and welcome again.

Tommy

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Quite impressive intro and welcome to the forum. Yep pics are welcomed for sure.
I can't do the cold or snow either and plan to stay away from both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts