Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After cleaning your 10/22 do you lube the bolt with oil or grease?

Sent from my iPhone using Ruger Forum

·
Registered
118 Posts
I find that using a light weight synthetic oil such as Castrol does a great job and is a lot cheaper in the long run compared to the gun oils sold

Sent from my iPod touch using Ruger Forum

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just a few drops of Slip2000EWL on my Glocks. Started using Tetra Gun grease when I got my SR1911CMD...the rails were so tight..it really helps.
I also use the Tetra sparingly on the bolt contact surfaces on my 10/22...very sparingly.

Sent from my iPad using Ruger Forum

·
Registered
120 Posts
You can use either but the word to remember is "sparingly". 22's are rather dirty and the fouling when combined with excess lube forms a dirty sludge. I personally use a light oil...applied sparingly.
Gary

·
Registered
6 Posts
I soak the bolts on my 10/22 and Mark III in ballistol when I clean them. I start by wiping them down with a shop towel and using a toothbrush to get off as much carbon as I can, then let them soak in a tub of the stuff for about 30 minutes, or longer if possible. After a good soaking, I scrub them with a brush then soak them again. After that, I wipe them down and get them as dry as possible. The Ballistol leaves a nice residue and gets in the pores of the metal, which makes the surface very slick even when dry.

I also put a drop of Ballistol on the recoil assembly to give it a little extra lube. Probably doesn't need it. But it never hurts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts