Ohio member checking in

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Chubbo, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Chubbo

Chubbo Chubbo

Hi, All:
    Just checking in. I am an Old Poop, and live on the south edge of Columbus, the "Biggest Small Town in the World". Columbus is on the North side of the road I live on, and Jackson Township, on the South side. Actually I live in Jackson township, in the Grove City area. been here for nearly 85 years.
    Chubbo

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to Rugertalk,

Yeah they are a bunch of us so called seniors around here.....you'll fit right in.

Jim

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Welcome to the forum. Actually we are not seniors, just juniors awaiting to be seniors. Seniors are 100+ years and juniors are
    anybody less than that. Great people on here and anxious to hear some of your experiences and pictures of all types of guns
    are very welcome. So jump in and share with some of the skills you have and sometimes the hilarity that goes on.

From the land of the never ending sun-Az.

Tommy

4. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Well now we have another buckeye to join the nuts here. Welcome aboard to share your gun experiences with others here.

5. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Hi Chubbo. I was stationed at Lockbourne AFB in 1958-59. I'm guessing there's no sign of it now.

I'm not quite so old a poop, and need help from Miralax now and then to poop at all.

And... we need pics. Of your guns, not you; well, if you insist.

;)

6. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Welcome to the forum! Everyone here is good natured and good for a joke. There are a few of us (no need to name them, you'll figure it out if ya stick around long enough) who are rather inclined towards leg pulling. Don't be scared to turn around and throw one right back though, it's good for them to remember that there are still a few of us out there who are quick on our feet.

Anyway, enjoy your time here on R/T!

7. Chubbo

Chubbo Chubbo

Lockbourne AFB

Lockbourne AFB is still there, and going strong, as a commercial air freight center. I assume that you mean the SAC bunkers etc.? No, I don't think anything remains of that. I worked on the family apartments of the SAC as an electrician
    back then. My Father worked on the original Lockbourne AFB when it was built. I remember him saying that the concrete fields were four foot thick. I also remember back during WW2 that there was never a time day or night when you could look up and not see B17 bombers, in the air. Now I'm telling my age.
    Chubbo

8. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

B-17 Flying Fortress; my favorite bomber in WW2. Gun barrels sticking out all over. When I was there it was B-47s.

9. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Welcome from Texas.

Must have been a "nervous" time of life watching bombers in the air at all times.
    My father told me of taping their headlights so only a slit of light could get out.
    They were expecting an attack at any time.

Things change, now we gotta watch for unattended back packs and stuff.

Anyway, glad to have you here at RugerTalk with us.