ocharrys pics

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by ocharry, Jul 26, 2015.

1. ocharry

ocharry New Member

20150726_123815.jpg

I hope you guys know you have created a monster lol

ocharry

2. ocharry

ocharry New Member

20150726_234213.jpg

20150726_234005.jpg

how about this 10 22 well it is kinda a 10 22 and I know this is a ruger forum,,,, but the only thing ruger on this rifle is the magazine,,,, so I think it qualifies ;)

ocharry

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Ok harry,

Glad you got your pics posted ,
    So I gathered them up from your intro, and put them in a threa so more folks could see them..

Great looking rifles.

Can you describe them for us.

Thanks

Jim

4. ocharry

ocharry New Member

sure i will do that

the bolt gun is a ruger BZV 223 with a 8x42 leupold scope,, harris bipod and a sling,,,i got it new in early 90's,,i think about 91,,,it is a real out of the box shooter,,i did a little trigger work but other than that it is just the way it came

the 10 22 is a home built,,it has a bedded MOA stainless receiver,,i really like these receivers because they make a ridged platform and they have another tie down bolt in the rear so you have the bolt in front by the barrel and another one in the rear of the receiver,,these receivers have the option of threading the barrel into it,,the hole is really tight if you use the standard tenon and this one is that way,,this one has a buttlercreek 20" fluted .920 barrel in a shooters choice stock,,,valquartzen trigger that breaks at 1 3/4 lb,,,i used a ruger bolt that was trued and squared by me with .0445 recess for the cartridge head ,,firing pin is pined and reshaped and a valquartzen extractor,,topped with a pentax 30mm 6x24x50 scope with side parallax adjustment

i got the barrel from a guy in a trade for some work on his ak,,,so i had a barrel and the rest is history,,this was my first attempt at this 10 22 building stuff

i am working on another one and this one has a stainless GM barrel that is threaded into a MOA receiver with a kidd trigger set up and a kidd bolt in a fajin legacy stock,,not quite finished with it but close

i am gathering parts now for a build for my grandson,,,have a barrel and a stock so far with more to come,,,can't decide if i want to take my stocker apart and make something out of it for him or just go all the way,,,,he is probably gona wind up with them all anyway some day...lol

ocharry

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Thats good descrip,

Thanks,

and now we will be able to see some pics ,when your finished with the next one..;)

Jim