Obama's last act of defiance

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by havasu, Jan 19, 2017.

1. havasu

havasu In the army now..

In final act as president, Obama commutes 330 drug sentences
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...sident-obama-commutes-330-drug-sentences.html

In his last major act as president, Barack Obama is cutting short the sentences of 330 federal inmates convicted of drug crimes.

The move brings Obama's bid to correct what he's called a systematic injustice to a climactic close.

Obama has now commuted the sentences of 1,715 people, more than any other president in U.S. history. During his presidency Obama freed 568 inmates serving life sentences.

The final batch of commutations is the most any U.S. president has issued in a single day. It's the culmination of a second-term effort to remedy consequences of decades of onerous sentencing requirements that Obama's said put tens of thousands of drug offenders behind bars for too long.

Obama repeatedly called on Congress to act broadly, but lawmakers never did.

2. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I am surprised that he didn't pardon Hillary for her part in the Clinton Foundation!

Tommy

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Obama thinks he is by far one of the greatest presidents the USA ever had. I really don't think we will have seen that last of him IF Trump actually does live to get sworn in.

I just received an email with an article from Politico magazine that was totally about trashing Trump as being unfit to be president. It even stated Trump couldn't sleep at night because he felt he was unqualified to be president. Sad to say the person that sent me the email drank the swamp water to the point he doubts he could support Trump as president.
    People better start thinking outside of the box of ignorance the mass media has put them into.

How does a person take that many people off death row? Obama really did consider himself a king and everyone else are peasants under his rule.

4. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Yeah, I heard most presidents commute around 250 ~ 450.
    1,715, ... ? ...
    Just another swipe at, heck I don't what! I guess at anybody that ain't one of his minions.

Trump has Called Out the "media" and the intelligence community. They're all against him!
    I'm a little scared for him..... But proud too.

Hillary, she's untouchable. (At least in her own mind). She don't need on stinking pardon!

:usa:

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Right now its 9:30 am in DC , he has got a couple more hrs...

Jim

6. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Just like Gitmo...let em go...where do they go?

All them druggies will be back on the streets ....doing what?

Ya think????

DUHHH!!!

Jim

7. havasu

havasu In the army now..

If you look at the majority of who he released, look at the amount of Muslims and Blacks that were released. Seems he is still working on his race relations.

8. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

No good lousy liberal bastard...I hope he rots in HELL for all the trouble(s) he has caused this Great Country of Ours....!!!!!!