Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to get me some of this to carry I'm my Sig 1911, and some for my home defense 12 ga VEPR.

Of course the judge/courts will probably throw away the keys on me if I ever defended myself with it.

http://www.oathammo.com/oath_1

Check out the videos.

Jim

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Yeah that stuff is pretty deadly looking!

·
Tommycourt
2,139 Posts
Jim,

Allenr recommended the Lehigh self defense .45 cal. 120grn bullet that is very similar to this Oath Ammo and for .45 I thought they said it was a 163grn. bullet. It seems to me the Lehigh gives a little more penetration however they seem pretty much similar in ballistics. .45 grn. bullets here are $28.00 if I read it correctly and the Lehigh is $10.00 per 20 rounds. With all the technology going on, I suspect that ammo manufacturers will be coming out in the near future with a lot more styles of self defense rounds. Going to be interesting in seeing what happens in the next 6 months. I haven't seen much on the new Ruger rounds that are supposed to be available though.

Tommy

·
Registered
551 Posts
Jim,

Allenr recommended the Lehigh self defense .45 cal. 120grn bullet that is very similar to this Oath Ammo and for .45 I thought they said it was a 163grn. bullet. It seems to me the Lehigh gives a little more penetration however they seem pretty much similar in ballistics. .45 grn. bullets here are $28.00 if I read it correctly and the Lehigh is $10.00 per 20 rounds. With all the technology going on, I suspect that ammo manufacturers will be coming out in the near future with a lot more styles of self defense rounds. Going to be interesting in seeing what happens in the next 6 months. I haven't seen much on the new Ruger rounds that are supposed to be available though.

Tommy

Actually I recommended the Underwood Xtreme Defender round. It is +P. I don't think the Lehigh round is. Both rounds use the same bullet made by Lehigh. The Underwood rounds are more expensive than the Lehigh. Underwood also makes the round in +P+.
Both rounds sell for $29 for 20 rounds.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Those definitely look lethal for sure.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Those definitely look lethal for sure.

Buster,

If you watch the YouTube ballistic reviews of that ammo you will understand why I chose it. It outperforms the best HP whether just into gel or going through a windshield or car door and then into gel. The ammo is hell for a BG.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts