Nuther day in the "hood"

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by shadecorp, Jul 30, 2015.

1. shadecorp

shadecorp Member

[​IMG] Today, in my "hood"
    My son and I were in my backyard today,
    washing dogs.
    Heard about 10 shots
    semi-auto Rapid fire.
    Called the Sheriffs
    Was a Drive by
    4 houses south of me.
    car was driven by and shots were fired by * female
    Two * males were hit
    taken to hospital.
    Minor injuries.
    Several L A S D vehicles parked in front of my house
    so talked to some Deputies
    and a
    Be You Tee Full Detective
    was told there was a shooting
    same place
    Friday night
    no body hit.

The Deputies picked up a Bunch of cases,
    so maybe, finger prints.

Several drug dealers are always hanging out in the area
    and quite often, children.
    Even one of the dealers, child.

Oh well,
    nuther day in The Neighborhood.

Anything of interest happen in your "hood"?

2. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Oh dear! So glad you guys are ok!
    We had a couple people speeding down our road. That's all the excitement here

3. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Well, there are random shots around here all the time. However, living in a rural areaI expect that. When the neighbors a mile to the north come home from colleg, they fire hundred of rounds around a stock tank @ 130 yards behingd my house every Sunday afer church. And of course I have been shooting my big rifles to be ready for hunting season.

Heard the border patrol plane flying around today. It has been real hot. so illegals are probably not traveling by day. Haven't seen any in a while. If there were some in the brush, the helicoper would be out.

Had to go out last night with the AR and flash the laser around the dogs were barkng to the east. Thick brush there. The moma Lab disappeared on Saturday night. She was always getting into fights with the male tusker javelinas. She was 13 years old and fat. So, they may have done her in this time. Still have one older lab and a 5 motn old pup. So, I will have to go out with the ghun when they bark. They let the old female do all the fighting.

Well, at least we don't have any drug dealers down the road. Well.... we diid. But they were at another rancho down the road about a mile. Their house burned down last sping. Yeah!! Car exploded too. I was outside BBQing when the car blew. Thre was a shock wave and I felt it. REally cut down on the traffic down our little country road. It happened while they were gone.Everyone said it was a rival trfficer. They had fighting roosters & pit bulls too. Glad those are gone too.

Worst ting this week was the dog missing & my septic tank line stiopping up. Got it cleared, but I kept watching my back at the brushline. I had a Speed Six snub in my belt and a .22 mag rifle in the truck,

Just another day in the brush country.:D

4. Pancho_Villa

hey Shadecorp,

What gangs are operating in your hoo? Just kinda wondering. I worked for the courtsystem here. I got all the Juvenilecases from the locals and the border patrol checkpoint. We were mostly getting Texas syndicater & a few Mex Mafia. Young adults would always try to pass themselves off as juves. That way they would not be held. But the tatoos were a dead give away.

5. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

OMG,

I guess I live a sheltered life,

The worst thing that happens here in west Ky, is bubba gets drunk and jumps off a cliff and breaks a leg, "thats news", or Bubbas wife just got locked up for beatin the crap outta bubbas girlfriend.:)

I just got my letter from Courthouse,
    Now I been released from Circuit Court jury duty , but now Im assigned to District Court jury until end of Nov.:rolleyes:

Jim

6. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I am so glad I live out away from the hoods. There still is the drugs and domestic problems but not much gang drug wars going on. Hopefully the city near me will not become like another Fergusson because a black woman found hung in her cell. The dang news media and the race baiters are doing their best to instigate more trouble as usual.

7. cgor

cgor New Member

The most action I have where I live is watching the corn and beans grow in the fields.

8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Nothing much happens in my neighborhood. I live in a senior community and the only shooting that's done is me. I shot some skunks that keep wandering into my yard until my wife got on my butt due to the stink after they die. Last night I went out on my back porch to have a smoke and there were 2 skunks right on my patio. I used to shoot them with my 9mm and then go in the house and act like nothing happened. The neighbors knew what I was doing and they are ok with it. Now I have to find some sort of deterrent to keep skunks out of my yard. I tried mothballs but they didn't work. Anybody have any suggestions on what will deter skunks from coming into my yard?
    Tommy

9. buster40c

I think u need get a strong bb gun because the 9 mm is a bit much. LOL It also might be a good idea to discard the skunks after you kill them. That way your wife will not be cocking your bb gun.
    I have a skunk that comes around the house late night or early morning. I don't see why it is spraying when my dog is inside. Maybe they just stink without spraying?

10. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Tommy - shoot them all but bury them as soon as you can stand to get close enough. That keeps the stink down.
    Buster - yeah the dang things often leave a stink trail when they move around. Anything that smells that bad shouldn't be alive...I had one digging around my foundation a few years back. My landlord set a cage trap. In hindsight it was a very poor idea...what do you do after you catch it? He just left it out in the sun until it expired then tossed the trap out in the back 40. I don't know if he ever went back to get it or not.

11. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Wait until one gets under your Gas pack/AC sytem, and everytime it kicks on, so does the skunk, and the system sucks his stinch , and blows it in the house..

Yep, 2 weeks in a motel, while it was being fumigated, before moving back in.

The experts say it was dangerous to inhale too much of that stuff.:rolleyes:

Servpro made a bunch of money,

Jim

12. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

I used to work 2nd shift at the machine shop with an old farmer. During early growing season he would get on his tractor when he got home and pull a cultivator though the corn rows for awhile. Then he would stop in the middle of the field, shut down the tractor, stoke up his pipe, and "listen to the corn grow". Simple pleasures for a not-so-simple man.

Told me he kept busy, and his wife was good to him, so he didn't have time or inclination to get in trouble.

13. shadecorp

shadecorp Member

gangs

"young crowd."
    few years back the "young crowd" was the gang
    here in my neighborhood.
    I believe it was all Hispanic.
    Now I don't know.
    They probably are still active.
    I am the "old' white man in the neighborhood.
    never had a problem with these guys
    some actually speak to me with
    respect and courtesy
    as I always speak to them
    with respect and courtesy.
    of course I don't know if they are Hardcore
    or not.
    They don't wear name tags.
    will ask a neighbor who was a gangster many years ago.

14. Pancho_Villa

Guess ya probably have every kinda gang imaginable in Los Angeles.

We have abttle neck highway in this county with a border patrol checkpoint. I did not get any of the illegals that were involved in drug trafficing. They just got deported. However, I did get other kids from different locations in the U.S. being used for mules. Most of the time they claimed no knowledge of what they had,. That was possible.

and then you could not get anyone to claim the kid. No one wants to claim a kid who just got caught driving a car full of weed.

Had some excitement tonight. I had to go out with the AR and wave the laser around the north side of the house. The dogs had been barking like hell. I was expecting a bunch of javelinas, but all I saw was a skunk headed for the brush. I wasn't gonna shoot at that.

15. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Probably a good thing! Lol! Stinky!

16. shadecorp

shadecorp Member

re. gangs.

My neighborhood
    young crowd.

crips and bloods
    in other areas
    around the l.a. area.

Occasionally hear other names,
    but don't pay attention.

the recent shooting,
    cant say if it was
    A gang thing
    or drugs

I have noticed
    all them boys that sat out on the sidewalk
    don't do it anymore.

17. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

Skunks do smell when they are just hanging around.................the older, the smellier.................and the stuff that happens around here, well, let's just say that, that's the reason I am purchasing another property.....................to get away from the madness........................................................................pretty much everything that can, and will happen, does happen around here. I have more critters around here, than in the country. I have a 6' blowgun, that I use for all of my " stealthy" work...............I don't usually kill critters unless they are trying to kill me, or they are doing damage, and can't be dissuaded by other means..............I had a chipmunk who wouldn't take the hint..............I tried to sneak up on him a couple of times, but they are pretty watchful, sooooooooooooooooo, I opened a bedroom window, propped my blowgun on the sill, loaded a 3" dart and waited..............about 10 minutes later, it popped out and was just hanging by a small bush....................aimed, took the shot from about 25 ft. away, saw the white of it's belly as it was hit by the dart, and I never saw it or the dart again. I definitely know that you could take out a skunk with one. A friend of mine takes out rabbits with his. We've had them for about 30+ years. People are amazed by the power. If I shoot it into drywall, I need a pliers to get it out. Spring steel darts with different heads. Beads, and cones mostly........you get more velocity with cones, but I use the beads, because they are heavier, and go a bit farther, and if you really want to be nasty, you can leave the beads on loose. Then, whatever you shoot with it has nothing to grab on to, and must use brush to try to dislodge the dart. WE have never tested this out on a human, but from what I have witnessed over the years, I think that a human would need a set of pliers to remove a dart. It will bury itself in an animal. When we were a lot younger, and had more breath, we could put a dart clean through a tin can from about 25'. Blowguns.......fun, serious, deadly, handy, quiet............and then there was the time that I put a cigarette filter in it, and shot my ex wife in the arse while she was doing dishes............when she stopped crying, and I stopped apologizing..................................................................................................................

18. buster40c

Geeze you shot the cook? Did you switch plates with her at dinner time?

19. spikedriver

spikedriver Active Member

Ummm, that isn't the reason for the "ex" part of the story, is it?

20. nickndfl

nickndfl Active Member

Hey holmes you got a problem?