Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put one on layaway, anyone have experience with these?

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No comments on the NRALC9? I guess I will do a report when I get it out in 45 days.;) All I know is is in camo and holds 7 rounds of 9mm.:)

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I had to search it to see what it was. Seems like it is a LC9 tricked out a bit for better handling for concealed carry. I wonder if they did a little work on the trigger? That's about the only thing I heard wasn't real good about an LC9.
Were you wanting it for CC or just as an addition to your collection?

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Concealed Carry, it is getting to hot to cover the big ones.;) When I went to Montana I wore a shoulder holster under a short sleeve button shirt and it hid the 9e, but when it is over 105 degrees I want less.:cool:

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I had a KelTec PF9 which the LC9 is basically modeled after. The PF9 in a pocket holster did just barely fit into my front jeans pocket. I sold the gun a few years ago when the gun had a major flaw which KelTec did fix. I now have as my main carry an LCR 357 and it fits better in my pocket than the PF9 did. Weight wise the PF9 and the LCR are both about the same weight as I recall. I basically went with the LCR because I didn't want a semi auto and wanted a revolver for CC. Just my .02 experience and may not even be close to your evaluation once you get your LC9.
Most reviews I have read of the LC9 rated the gun as being a good quality gun for CC.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information. I will let you know how it turns out. I will not get it for about 45 days so we will see.:)

·
Registered
992 Posts
Is it an LC9 or LC9s? My original LC9 had the hammer, and the trigger was looooooooong and heavy. It did smooth out to become easier to control after about 250 rounds or so. I traded it for a 9s. I like the 9s trigger much better.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I saw and fired the NRALC9. To me, it was exactly the same as LC9 but it had the NRA logo and lettering on the slide and camo paint on the frame. Don't get wrong. It looks cool and all.

Trigger feel and action is the same.

Doc

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I picked up the NRALC9 yesterday, although the trigger is long it is smooth. This could be because this is a used not new gun. Bought a second mag, $40 dollars out the door, ouch. Will try to get pics and a range report this weekend.:cool:

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I tried a LC9s and to me the trigger is to light for pocket carry and I wouldn't want a striker trigger in my pocket, but that's just me.:D

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Let us know how she shoots!

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Looks good!!

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, after having taken this gun to the range three times now, time to update. This gun will put all rounds in three inches at ten yards all day long. In the pocket carry however is rubbing the paint off at the contact points.:mad: Having said all that I think for an up close and personal gun it fills the bill. The LC9s trigger I think I will reverse my opinion on. A light short trigger would be nice if shooting for long periods. But that isn't what this was made for.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Pocket rockets remind me of what a high end sports car salesman said about a sports car. It wasn't made for comfort, it was made for handling great and going fast. Pocket rockets weren't made for comfort either. They serve their purpose.

·
Registered
992 Posts
What kind of pocket holster are you using? I wouldn't expect the finish to be rubbing off so soon. I agree about the trigger, it's manageable. I went to the LC9s because I could get the 2nd and 3rd shot off faster and more accurately. But the LC9 was almost exactly like shooting a DA revolver to me. Not a real problem.

·
AKA Rawhidekid!
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Blackhawk Pocket holster, I would agree about the trigger except my Security Six double action is half the weight of the LC9.:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts