Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Texan by Birth • Grace
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Haven't posted in while but thought this warning needed to be put out there to the forum members it means something to ...

This is not a kick against gunbroker. They have been a great source for my purchases.

This is a warning about a vendor who sells on gunbroker. If you value you money you might want to follow the link below.

http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/g...-product-won-t-back-his-sale.html#post5830617

·
SHARPSHOOTER
197 Posts
GUN BROKER would be a great place to stay away from period!!! Anyone would know this once they see the prices of all that crap. Any site where everyone thinks their crap is worth gold, is a site to stay away from. I shop Arms List and Florida Gun Trader and never had a bad result!! And if I can't meet face to face, I don't buy!! I once spotted a pistol magazine for $125 and stated as RARE...... 5 minutes later, I spotted the same magazine on another suppliers website showing factory markings for $45!!! BE CAREFUL and do your research and PLEASE request photos, photos, and more photos before buying a gun, and ask questions. Can't say that, that is what that buyer did to protect himself and I don't see what he paid for that rifle but if you want a 'READY TO SHOOT AND SHOW GUN' ( which is what he indicated later in his post), you should be well educated on how to protect yourself and your interests!!! When he said he will end up pouring money into the rifle like he has done for his other guns restoring them, he sounds like he should be used to buying old, well used and some junk guns......Nuff said.

·
Texan by Birth • Grace
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GUN BROKER would be a great place to stay away from period!!! Anyone would know this once they see the prices of all that crap. Any site where everyone thinks their crap is worth gold, is a site to stay away from. I shop Arms List and Florida Gun Trader and never had a bad result!! And if I can't meet face to face, I don't buy!! I once spotted a pistol magazine for $125 and stated as RARE...... 5 minutes later, I spotted the same magazine on another suppliers website showing factory markings for $45!!! BE CAREFUL and do your research and PLEASE request photos, photos, and more photos before buying a gun, and ask questions. Can't say that, that is what that buyer did to protect himself and I don't see what he paid for that rifle but if you want a 'READY TO SHOOT AND SHOW GUN' ( which is what he indicated later in his post), you should be well educated on how to protect yourself and your interests!!! When he said he will end up pouring money into the rifle like he has done for his other guns restoring them, he sounds like he should be used to buying old, well used and some junk guns......Nuff said.
Never said that. Was purchased as a fixer upper. I don't mind spending money to fix a gun when I know what I am getting into up front.

I am not a neophyte at this, not expert for sure but this purchase wasn't my first rodeo. I have purchased over 20 such guns on gunbroker over the last 3+ years. All with flaws. Some with flaws that were not listed or shown in pics ... but each and every time the Vendor has stood behind his sale and made things right.

I purchased one non functioning gun that the stock was broken in three places. It got fixed but I knew what I was getting into up front from the seller. Lot's of work, time and a few dollars ... money and time well spent.

I don't mind messed up ... just don't want to be lied to about condition of the gun. I'm sorry, that's not too much to ask.

·
SHARPSHOOTER
197 Posts
I agree and if the seller would only be honest from the beginning. I dealt with a liar on ebay once and was able to pay him back in a way he deserved( and I did so ONLY after he gave me an A+ as a buyer and could not wrongly get even).. My item was >>NIB and unopened<<..Ut OH, I found the item slightly used and stained as it was a Juiceman Juicer........ooops.......Can't hide stains....... It's called 'rating the seller'. If the seller stated , Slightly Used' he would have got an A+....... I feel that I paid for a NIB...... Too bad others don't have that grading system........Did 'he' report him to Gun Broker? But yes, you have to spend hours on Gun Broker to find anything worth it's asking price. I really HATE dishonest people!!!! BTW, I had what was called> a ' Model 60 SQUIRREL RIFLE' just like that beauty!! I had to restore it as well. Looks just like that one. I believe I have resto photos here somewhere....... I will look for them. :Cooltu:

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
There are deals to be found on GB and IMO for the most part the sellers are up front good to deal with. Often the guns I have bought on GB were better than I expected. The really good deals on GB usually get bought really quick. I believe there are quite a few buyers flipping guns on GB. I really only had 1 I felt lied and cheated me. Talk about high prices on GB you don't even want to talk about Armslist being a bargain hunters dream.

IMO EBAY is probably the worst for getting screwed by a seller. EBAY buyers protection is IMO an absolute joke if you read the fine print. I have gotten screwed enough times by EBAY sellers that I will not buy anything used listed there. I just bought some gun cleaning snakes on EBAY and it said USA located seller only to find out I had to wait on a slow boat from a China located seller.

These days it is all about buyer beware. Some sellers believe they don't lie if they omit telling something.

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
I have been to gunauction site several times but I haven't bought anything there. It seemed the pricing was sort of high to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts