Ruger Talk Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched Bullet the other night and I noticed the revolver Steve McQueen had looked like a Colt Python. The 4" ribbed barrel as well as the shape of it caused me to think it was a Python. That kind of surprised me seeing that because in the movie he is wearing an upside down vertical shoulder holster. The butt in the holster doesn't look as big as a K or L frame revolver.

I quite often notice Beretta 92fs are used in movies. The barrel and slide are a dead give away they are Berettas.

In the TV cop series Blue Bloods I think the commissioner carries a J frame S&W 36 snub revolver in his pocket. I am not sure what most of the other guns carried on the show are. Most don't look to me like Glocks.

I always thought the holsters John Wayne wore looked so small compared to what most western actors in movies had. He also wore his holster much higher than most actors did.

Reactions: armbruse

·
Registered
992 Posts
I try to figure out the guns too. In movies from the 80s it seems like the generic bad guys had Ruger P series sometimes. But without close up camera angles it's hard to tell sometimes...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts