Ruger Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
2,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thomas Jefferson.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks."

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
"They who can give up essential liberty
to obtain a little temporary safety.
deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Jim

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music.”

― George Carlin

Jim

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
“Life's hard. It's even harder when you're stupid.”

John Wayne

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.” John Wayne

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
"Ah, yes.... divorce... from the Latin word meaning "to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet."

Robin Williams

Jim

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
It doesn't matter how often a married man changes his job, he still ends up with the same boss.

Wife....

·
Special Dance Instructor
924 Posts
One of my favorites by Teddy Roosevelt.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

And another one by an unnamed Major to a correspondent during TET 68 which pretty much summed up the Vietnam War.

"We had to destroy the village to save it".

·
Banned
12,933 Posts
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Abraham Lincoln

Jim

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
"Political correctness is tyranny with manners." - Charlton Heston -

·
Premium Member
8,254 Posts
I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.

Ron White

1 - 20 of 46 Posts