Not real happy

Discussion in 'Ruger Revolver Forums' started by jmcguire1248, Jun 26, 2017.

1. jmcguire1248

jmcguire1248 New Member

I have a super blackhawk 44 mag. and here is the problem. It is about four years old,I shoot it every other week at the range usually about fifty rounds. It spit back something last week and hit me in the face. I own four revolvers and I know they will spit a little debris once in a while but this was a nasty one. I contacted Ruger and they had me send it back at my expense! They tell me it needs a new barrel and it will cost me 325.00 dollars. That sucks !! This gun is about four years old and maybe four thousand rounds . What happened to the indestructable Ruger? I am very dissatisfied with Ruger. Anyone else had a similar experience?

2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

What did CS say is wrong with the barrel, J?

3. jmcguire1248

jmcguire1248 New Member

They didn't say. I have to talk to them,but I certainly didn't damage it! When I first got it it jammed up on me and they probably shaved the forcing cone a little maybe too much ! That is my theory anyway.

4. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Never had or even heard of an experience like that with CS at Ruger. :confused:
    Hmm :dunno:

Have any 'custom' or non Ruger modifications been made to that gun?

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

I would be calling Ruger because that doesn't sound like Ruger's usual customer service. I darn straight would ask what happened to the gun. Did you by any chance look down the barrel before you sent it to Ruger to check for a ringed or damaged barrel?
    I am guessing they are going to say the gun had a squib or oversized bullet caused damages.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  6. jmcguire1248

jmcguire1248 New Member

Problem solved

Talked to a real nice lady in CS named Kim Zullo. I explained my situation to her and told her my opinion of what the problem was. She said she would talk to her manager and get back with me tomorrow,fifteen minutes later she called back,boss says they will fix ,no charge!! I am very happy !!

7. allenr

allenr Member

Good move. Two years ago when my Lc9s was relatively new it suddenly started to fail on feed. I called Ruger CS and got a snotty person who kind of implied I had to be doing something wrong, and she wanted me to pay for the return of a gun that was 3 months old and malfunctioning. I insisted upon speaking with the supervisor of CS. He sent me a label and within 14 days my gun had done a round trip and worked perfectly at no charge. Turned out that the feed ramp mad to be better polished. They did that and the gun has been flawless since. Unfortunately Ruger can have a few idiots on staff. When I called to find out what repair had been made I asked for the initial CS rep I spoke to. Iwas told that she was no longer with the company. OORAH!

8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I can tell you from experience Ruger customer service has fine people on their staff. The smartest thing you did was to follow up with another conversation and get it straightened out. I have had to send 2 of my SR1911's back and wrote a letter after I had talked to a CS rep and when the gun was sent back, I included my letter and addressed it to the rep I had talked to. After I received my guns back, and was totally satisfied, I sent a letter to the head of Ruger and thanked them for their fine service, and had explained the whole situation from the beginning to the end. Many times the reps never hear the good things and only the bad. When something is awry it needs to be fixed. However so many times after it is fixed, they never hear from us again. That was my reasoning for sending a letter to the plant manager and asked him to pass it on to his employees, lauding their performance and for doing a good job. Sometimes a pat on the back is very satisfying to the employees and it never hurts to let them know. This is MHO but I never regretting thanking them and I am a true Ruger customer for life.

Tommy

9. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Glad to hear that Ruger is working with you, but not at all surprised.

Through the years I've needed Customer Service from several gun makers.
    As I have stated before...
    There are a couple of name brands I'll never buy again simply due to very bad CS, good guns, bad CS.

If Ruger makes a model that fits my needs, I'll buy knowing they'll take care of me, No Time Limit.

10. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

That sounds more like it!

11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Amen...I would have been surprised if Ruger DIDN'T fix it !!

===============================

Mine...Circa 1982

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  12. jmcguire1248

jmcguire1248 New Member

New gun

Just got the surprise of my life a little while ago. Got a call from my new best friend Kim at ruger . After reevaluating my gun again they decided to send me a brand new one free of charge. Love them rugers !!!

C. D. Bates likes this.
  13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Well...Ain't THAT Special !!

Congrats !!

14. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Hey jmcguire1248,

If you're not careful you'll end up being a Ruger fan for life, they're tricky like that... ;)

Congrats on the new revolver. Let us know how it performs for ya.

:usa:

15. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Now that is what I call customer service!!!!! I am so glad that it worked out good for you. It's like Jerry (Magnum) said, careful or you may become a full line Ruger customer. I can think of no other manufacturer that would do that although I am sure there are some. BUT Ruger does come through on their customer service. Please consider writing a letter thanking them.

Tommy

16. buster40c

I wonder which gun maker the fired worker will go to work for now? I can think of a few gun makers that their guns cost much more than Rugers do and their warranty and customer service sucks in comparison.

17. tward91574

tward91574 New Member

tward91574
    I just sent a original Bearcat in for the safety conversion and rebluing. I got a call from customer service and was told that they were unable to test fire the gun because of excess cylinder wear. As a gesture of go will they want to send me a new Bearcat, either blue or stainless. So I took them up on the offer. The rep then says if there are any transfer fee to send her the bill and they will reimburse me. So I'm pretty happy and I ask how long this takes, she says up to 3 weeks and I'm like, OK that seems reasonable. The next day I got an email telling me my gun has shipped and it should be at my dealer today(Thursday) . So I'm a happy guy and would give Bill Ruger a kiss if he were still around. Good idea Tommycourt about sending a letter detailing my experience. Just my 2 cents, Tim

18. WizardMaster

WizardMaster SHARPSHOOTER

I wanna be stupid for once and say that maybe it was a spent primer being dislodged until pressure threw it at you. Did you recover the piece? Did it break the skin? I'm not buying the 'barrel damage' part! Didn't you clean the gun and inspect the barrel etc. before sending it in? Maybe take some documentation photos in case they damage something and say it was your fault........ I better stop now, the hole is getting deep.........:D

OK, disregard and enjoy that new revolver!!!!!!

19. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

That's typical Ruger CS. Going the extra mile

20. buster40c

IMO You just can't beat Ruger. Price, quality, appearance, as well as customer service just can't be beat.