No Fly List

Discussion in 'Politics and Religion' started by Ernesto, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

I'm sure you've all heard Obama's call on banning no fly lister's from buying guns. So I went and read how one gets on the no fly list. Apparently there some 700,000 more people on the no fly list since Bush was in office, quite a few were clerical errors, similar name, just going into certain countries and posting certin things about the government agencies sorta like this one is headed towards. ;)

My first question back is; If there are suspected terrorists on the no fly list then why the hell are they not deported? Or thrown in jail?

I'm not certain I agree with Obama's no fly list ban, although it might make sense. But isn't this No Fly list just another grab at our constitutional rights?

Your concerns???

2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

There is at least some evidence that the No Fly List, or some child of it, is already in use during the Federal NICS background check. That may be the result of collected data going into more than one database, or ... .

3. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

If you look up the "No fly list" it's very vague on how you get on there. There are really no printed rules or guidelines and once on the list, from my understanding, it's very hard to get off of it. There were about 80,000 when Bush was in office and now there are over 700,000. Steve Hayes from the Weekly Standard, columnist had his name on the no fly list and the couldn't figure out why he was on there. He had political pull from some higher up in the Congress and got his name off, however it took a long time. It sounds like if you name is anywhere close to a name on the list, you can be mistakenly put on the list without you knowing and from there, all hell breaks loose trying to get off. I could be wrong, but I believe it's the Homeland Security that puts you on, however it stops there and another department is then in charge. Typical bureaucracy as usual. BTW, on their website is a place where you can see if you are on it. I was tempted to see if my name was there but I thought better off to not know than have some bureaucrat think I was snoopy and get myself into trouble. I can get in trouble opening a can of beans let alone get horned by our government.

Tommy

4. Ernesto

Ernesto In the army now..

I thought to check on myself today too Tommy , and thought better of it.
    Last time I flew they did a pat down and a gunpowder test on my hands for the first time ever.

5. vw6000

vw6000 New Member

I've only ever been in a helicopter and don't plan on flying in planes any time soon so I guess I'll never know! Unless of course it gets passed and I can't buy guns. That would horrible.