No bullet recipe

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by phideaux, Apr 8, 2013.

1. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I want a recipe from someone that has used it with success.

I dont want any bullets or shot shell.

It must not be fatal.

Can not be toxic or harmful to all animals, including hoomans.

RABBIT REPELLENT Please.

I am over run with them, and last year they destroyed,what the drought didnt, in my garden.

Help ....Please......any ideas?

Jim

2. tater

tater New Member

Bbq.........

3. bhale187

bhale187 New Member

Grandpa and Dad used to use rock salt in shotguns to great success in running off unwanted guests

4. FrogSwatter

FrogSwatter New Member

I agree with both tater and bhale, pop 'em with a pellet gun then put them on a BBQ with a little salt!;)

Seriously,

Put some water on and bring it to a boil.
    Take 2 to 4 tablespoons of cayenne pepper powder and spread out in a preheated saucepan.
    Put 2 cups of the boiling water in with the cayenne pepper powder in the saucepan.
    Stir and bring it to a boil.
    Let it cool down.
    After it's cooled, pour it into a sprayer.
    Add a few drops of dishwashing liquid soap. (To help it stick.)
    Spray it on leaves, stems, petals, and stalks.
    DON"T SPRAY ON A WINDY DAY!!!

Also, grind a mixture of black pepper and cayenne pepper, and sprinkle it on the ground in and around your garden.

These "formulas" have been keeping everything, from deer on down, out of my garden for years. Keeps my dogs from digging under their fence too.

Good luck!

5. squirrelhunter

squirrelhunter Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I always just spread moth balls around the garden,seems to work fine.As the rain deteriorates them over time you have to replace them though.

6. hombre243

hombre243 New Member

Wabbit Wepellant

I have used dried blood with some success but it washes away with the rain. I found that a hedge of giant Marigold works extremely well. But what worked best of all was a hedge at one end or side of Romaine lettuce. Feed em outside the garden and they will pretty much stay outside.

It is either that or an air rifle, which will result in an over abundance of hasenpfeffer.:cool:

7. phideaux

Hasenpheffer???

Anyway, thanks ,

Im may try the moth balls, and the pepper recipe.

I didnt get a chance to thin the little boogers out this past winter,for freezer stock.;):cool:

Last year a whole family moved into my garden, I didnt know they loved tomatoes,and cantalope.......they do.:mad:

Jim

8. hombre243

hombre243 New Member

Hasenpfeffer= dinner

Try the marigold hedge. it works and the romaine keeps them happy outside the garden. I accidently found that out when a friend wanted me to grow it for him and the rabbits got to it first. But nothing inside my garden was touched...except by the thieving neighbors.:mad:

9. phideaux

I will try that also, as its cheap to do.

A neighbor is an easier target with my Red Ryder than a bunny,
    Know what I mean.:D

Jim

10. hombre243

hombre243 New Member

bad medicine

That particular neighbor had to be hauled away in cuffs for threatening me and my wife. I showed the cop my 20 ga loaded and standing ready behind my La Z Boy. He relayed the message and I never saw him again. I do not know which had the most influence...my 20 ga or the arrest but something worked and it was all legal like.:D

Oh...the bunnies liked the Romaine so much they snacked in the daytime. 20 yards...backdoor, open screen, Sheridan/Benjamin 22...pop went the wabbit. :eek: Instant Hasenpfeffer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasenpfeffer

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  11. phideaux

Ok,,,, I can eat my weight in fried or grilled rabbit,
    I could even eat that hughheffener stew ,
    But unh-unh, no blood thickener for me.bllaah.
    :):D

My red Ryder would be upgraded to a shottie of one species or another, if I had a neighbor like that.:cool:

Hey, Its not too early to plant ,or set out the romaine.:cool:

Jim