Nikon P-223

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by ifithitu, Jan 9, 2018.

1. ifithitu

ifithitu Well-Known Member

I got this Nikon P-223 Precision AR Optic for my birthday from my son. I'm going to have it mounted on my Ruger 556.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  2. Fireman22

Fireman22 Active Member

After the install I'd love to see some pics and hear about the performance. I've yet to do anything to my stock AR-556 but have often though about adding an optic of some sort.

ifithitu likes this.

3. 67stingray

67stingray Member

I installed on of them on my Ruger AR-556, I am happy with it and think you'll be pleased. Trying to post a picture but too large for server to process.

4. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Well-Known Member

Muy bueno compadre!!!! Makes it alot easier to shoot at a distance. I have to have scopes on mine cause of advanced glaucoma. Can't see anything withthe iron sights now. Can't even see the sights actually.

Got a couple of Simmons 3X9X40 scopes on my .300 B.O. hand built on a matched Anderson upper/lower and a beater D.P.M.S. in 5.56. Both were very low on the guns and hard to pickup quickly. So, I tried a riser on the .300 B.O. That helped alot. Gonna get a riser for the DPMS. also.

Got a similar scope on an old Colt AR SP1 A1. It is a 3X9X50. Mounted ont he carry handle, it's a bit too high. But, it works.

Yeah, some pics and a range report of your rifle/scope combo would be nice.