Nikko stirling

Discussion in 'Optics / Sights / Lasers / Lights' started by benhanak, Jul 18, 2016.

1. benhanak

benhanak New Member

Made in china....... i just got one for 75.00 . I have seen them go for almost $300.00. did i waste my money? I plan on using it on my .308 american predator. Ive read that these are decent scopes and have also read that it should be smashed to pieces. Any thoughts?

2. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

Jeez. I just hope there has been no confusion with Nikon.

3. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Sorry , but Ive heard negative reports

They are , from what little I have seen, used as factory shipped on some rifles.

My friend bought a Howa rifle , and that's what came on it from factory, he immediately dumped it, as he didn't like it.

That's the extent of my knowledge about them.

Jim

4. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Wish I could be of service but I've never heard of them.

5. benhanak

benhanak New Member

Nope definitely not a mistake. Its a jap co. I belive. seems to be pretty nice but have not fired a round using it.

6. benhanak

benhanak New Member

Ok, let me start by saying that ive always believed that greatness can come from the most humble beginnings. I just paid 60 bucks for 30mm scope rings and i think i screwed up. Do expensive scope rings really make a difference? And this so called cheap scope has very clear lenses. I think that i need glasses or contacts now. Oh well, i still love to shoot and everyone seems to have their own opinion what is the best and not many agree.

7. MagBlackhawk

MagBlackhawk Patriot

Which NikkoStirling scope do you have? I just did a quick search, man they make a bunch of different optics.

The last time I shopped for scope rings I found them from $16 thru $300!
    Really strong rings would probably be needed on a Hard Kicking magnum, but $300? .... I'm confused about the price differences for those things.
    I would think it's simple enough, they just need to be good and straight and strong enough to keep a scope in place.

I must admit, my scope experience is very limited so maybe I'm missing something.

8. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

I could be wrong but in my pea sized brain I can't imagine spending $300.00 on scope rings. I'm sorry as I haven't bought or looked at rings in many years and you can see by another thread I wrote on. I DO know this: I used to have a Winchester .338 magnum with a Weaver K-4 scope on it and Weaver rings and I am sure I didn't pay only about $50.00 for the rings. A .338 is a hard shoulder buster if you are not used to it, however that old Weaver and the rings held up when using a 220grn bullet. I didn't go crazy shooting it, a box at a time, however I would just check the tightness once in a while and I never had any problems.
    That's MHO only but $300.00 sounds mighty pricey to me.

Tommy

9. benhanak

benhanak New Member

I have the targetmaster, it has all the features that a scope can. And yeah, what is so special about some of these crazy priced mounting systems?

10. mulescj8

mulescj8 Member

I have one on a Howa that is ok but I'm going to replace it with a Konus scope. I will keep the Nikko Stirling scope just because it matches my rifle. If I ever trade it or sell it I will put the factory scope back on the rifle.

Here is a little info on the company also

http://www.nikkostirling.com/content/about.html

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  11. benhanak

benhanak New Member

ive been shooting this american predator with the nikko sterling scope and im impressed.

12. mulescj8

mulescj8 Member

Not sure which scope is on mine haven't taken the time to look it up, glass is pretty clear on mine and when I get the time to do the break in on the barrel I'm going to sight it in and will go from there.

I just like the konus scopes and have had good luck with them. I prefer them for long range shooting over some of the main stream scopes.

13. mulescj8

mulescj8 Member

The scopes should be made in Japan and here is my take on scopes, kinda like cars and trucks, not everyone's taste is the same and what works for one person may not work for next 100 people. If it works for you and it will hold zero and your happy with it then it really doesn't matter what anyone else thinks about it. Use it and let us know how it works out for you.:Cooltu: