Ruger Talk Forums banner

newbie here ....sr1911 question

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  warbird1 
#1 ·
greetings . look forward to talking on this forum.
have owned & fired several rugers over the years , current count being an even half dozen of ruger manufacture.
just acquired an sr1911 cmd. 45 acp in like new condition. shooting it next few days when time permits .
there was a member here asking about feeding problems in his 9mm sr. , and i believe he made the comment " that is why ruger does not make them in 45 acp any more " .... if i recall correctly . is that TRUE ? no 45acp sr ? !
surely that would be incorrect , at least i hope so !
will move on now . be back on here when my time is more generous .

#10 ·
Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining. I think you may have misread. Ruger is still making the SR1911 .45 & 9mm. Problem they are having is there is such a demand for the LCP and SR45 plus some of their revolvers that they are back logged.

Warbird,

I have had problems with my SR1911 9mm but only with the magazines. The springs in the magazines are so strong that you can't get all the rounds in them. I called Ruger because I had 1 mag that I could only get 5 rounds in it and no more, no matter how hard I tried. I called them and talked to Corine in customer service and she said that most of the time, it's the 7th or 8th round that will be hard to load. I called her on Thursday morning and Friday the mailman delievered me a new mag and a return envelope with postage paid on my old mag. I only live about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Prescott so service to Mesa is great. Another thing is I had my trigger weight weighed and it came out @5 1/2 lbs. I have only put around 500 rounds through it and then have a trigger job done and weight dropped to 4lbs. I did that with both my Commanders and my full size SR1911 and it really makes a difference!!! It will surprise you what a good trigger job can do as far as handling and shooting. Give it a try. Run a thousand rounds and work out the grit and then decide on whether you want a trigger job done or not. It cost me $75.00 to have my trigger done. Good luck!!!!

Tommy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.