newbie here ....sr1911 question

Discussion in 'Ruger Center Fire Pistols' started by hoosierguy, Apr 2, 2017.

1. hoosierguy

hoosierguy New Member

greetings . look forward to talking on this forum.
    have owned & fired several rugers over the years , current count being an even half dozen of ruger manufacture.
    just acquired an sr1911 cmd. 45 acp in like new condition. shooting it next few days when time permits .
    there was a member here asking about feeding problems in his 9mm sr. , and i believe he made the comment " that is why ruger does not make them in 45 acp any more " .... if i recall correctly . is that TRUE ? no 45acp sr ? !
    surely that would be incorrect , at least i hope so !
    will move on now . be back on here when my time is more generous .

2. hodge

hodge New Member

Nope. That's not true.
    Neither of my SR1911's- 45 and 9- have any feeding issues, or any other problems. Flawless joy.
    Welcome to the forum!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017

3. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to RT. I don't think Ruger dropped the 45 acp Sr1911.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
  4. VThillman

VThillman Active Member

The subject gun back there was the SR45 in the SR series. Can't imagine Ruger dropping the 1911 45.

5. gumpy

gumpy New Member

I've never a problem with my SR45 either.

6. 67stingray

67stingray Member

Welcome to the forum, I have never had any problems with my SR1911 either, it's a really good handgun.

7. SavageGuy

SavageGuy Active Member

Welcome to RugerTalk! :welcome:

8. warbird1

warbird1 New Member

My SR1911 in 45 is outstanding. My LW 9mm...not 100%. It only seems to be reliable with stock mags.

9. EasyCZ

EasyCZ Member

Ruger will never stop making the SR1911 in .45 ACP. That would be blasphemy. John Moses Browning's ghost would haunt those misguided execs to their graves.

10. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Welcome to the forum and thanks for joining. I think you may have misread. Ruger is still making the SR1911 .45 & 9mm. Problem they are having is there is such a demand for the LCP and SR45 plus some of their revolvers that they are back logged.

Warbird,

I have had problems with my SR1911 9mm but only with the magazines. The springs in the magazines are so strong that you can't get all the rounds in them. I called Ruger because I had 1 mag that I could only get 5 rounds in it and no more, no matter how hard I tried. I called them and talked to Corine in customer service and she said that most of the time, it's the 7th or 8th round that will be hard to load. I called her on Thursday morning and Friday the mailman delievered me a new mag and a return envelope with postage paid on my old mag. I only live about a 2 1/2 hour drive from Prescott so service to Mesa is great. Another thing is I had my trigger weight weighed and it came out @5 1/2 lbs. I have only put around 500 rounds through it and then have a trigger job done and weight dropped to 4lbs. I did that with both my Commanders and my full size SR1911 and it really makes a difference!!! It will surprise you what a good trigger job can do as far as handling and shooting. Give it a try. Run a thousand rounds and work out the grit and then decide on whether you want a trigger job done or not. It cost me $75.00 to have my trigger done. Good luck!!!!

Tommy

11. warbird1

warbird1 New Member

I loved a lot about the 9 but was very frustrated regarding the mag problems. Cost me a couple places in a steel plate competition. Used it on a trade. On the plus side my SR1911 Commander is outstanding. It has a permanent place in my collection.