Newbie Alert!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by djb383, Oct 13, 2015.

1. djb383

djb383 New Member

Just sayin' "Hey" to the forum.......2+ year Texas CHL holder. My new LCP really tucks nicely into my pocket. Looking forward to lots of reading.....hope I can contribute soon.:tiphat:

2. phideaux

phideaux Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to RugerTalk,

Thanks for joining.

Jim

3. havasu

havasu In the army now..

Welcome to R/T!

Glad to have you here.

4. Birddogyz

Birddogyz In the army now..

Welcome to the forum.

5. buster40c

buster40c Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum and I think you will be interested in participating. A friendly group here that enjoy sharing all about guns.
    How many handguns have you bought since obtaining your chl? I know I just had to try the next one talked about till I had a collection going.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  6. DoubleR

DoubleR Active Member

Welcome to the forum and our wonderful family!
    Jump in and enjoy!

7. djb383

djb383 New Member

Only bought 2 guns after obtaining my CHL.......lots of reading, reviewing, going to gun shows and watching videos before buying my 1st gun (Taurus PT111 G2 9MM). I was all set to buy a Glock, 'til I picked up/held the Taurus G2. Tried, tried and tried some more to get comfortable carrying the G2 IWD and that just did not work out for me. Obviously the LCP can deep conceal easier than the G2 but then the G2 with it's 13 round capacity is nothing to sneeze at either. Really like the feel of the LCP as well.

I'm probably going to sell the Taurus PT111 G2.......still thinking about it.

8. phideaux

9. buster40c

The report in link above is mistaken from what I read on XD forums about the XDS problems. It was more than just one defective XDS was reported which is why SA did the massive recall. The good thing with the XDS was the defect was caught before it caused any major bad outcomes. At first the XDS fan boys wanted to say the guns weren't failing but rather it was the shooters were causing the problems. That was before so many more claimed same problems happening. Then SA recalled every XDS for being refitted with improved parts to stop the gun from firing unintentionally.
    Taurus should have been like SA and jumped on the defect before it caused them a major class action lawsuit. Taurus has had some really poor quality/product issues on a few models of its revolvers and pistols.
    I imagine you should contact Taurus to see if your model and serial number falls under the recall.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  10. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

Sorry, but none of my friends let their friends buy a Taurus..............................................;)

11. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

Welcome to the R/T !!

12. djb383

djb383 New Member

Thanks for the heads-up but that does not apply to the model Taurus I have. Looks like the Ruger re-call list is doing well.

Interesting, but goofy, Taurus PT111 G2 torture test:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgBBfX-_0Nw[/ame]

Nothing mechanical and built by man will ever be perfect......no matter what S&W says.

13. Tommycourt

Tommycourt Tommycourt

Welcome to the forum from land of HEAT and sun- Valley of the Sun, Az. Great people here and wonderful topics to be discussed.

Tommy

14. djb383

djb383 New Member

Thanks to all!

15. djb383

djb383 New Member

They say the same thing about Ruger at the Taurus, Glock, S&W, Springfield, Beretta, and other forums.:hammer:

16. berettabone

berettabone In the army now..

Not really...................and at the Glock forum, they say it about all firearms that aren't Glock.;)

17. djb383

djb383 New Member

......and at all the non-Glock forums, they say the same thing about Glocks.:D

18. buster40c

Ford Chevy Chrysler.........Ruger Glock CZ to each his own. I think it's funny to hear people brag about what they have but after they sell it somehow now it was a piece of junk.

19. phideaux

My way to get around that argument...

Own one of each, and never sell one.

I like GUNS.:)..... heck I even own a Jennings J22, and refuse to sell it.:p ( not that anyone would want it):(

Jim

20. djb383

djb383 New Member

^^^^Amen to that.

After obtaining my CHL (qualified using a borrowed Colt 1911), I got caught up in all the first concealed handgun hype. I read/watched that "your 1st gun must have this, gotta have that, minimum caliber, minimum number of rounds, auto vs wheel gun, this/that brand is the best".....on, and on, and on. So, after watching/reading a lot of hype, I went with the Taurus PT111 G2 for my 1st handgun mainly due to the way it felt in my hand at the local gun show........even after reading/watching all the Taurus bashing. The G2 really seems like a fine handgun to me but 2 years later...........

I simply found the LCP to be easier (for me) to carry than the Taurus G2. To me the Ruger LCP fit/finish appears no better/no worse than the Taurus G2. I only need/want one handgun and I think the LCP's 6 rounds, in my front pocket, will serve me better (but hopefully never) than the G2's 12 rounds in the console of whichever vehicle I decide to drive, whenever I'm not driving. I carry for equalization only and am not a firearm collector.

As soon as a pocket auto with 12+ rounds in .45 ACP becomes available, I'll own it and dump the LCP.:duck:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2015