Ruger Talk Forums banner

Newb sayin Hi

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  DoubleR 
#1 ·
Hi all, thanks for allowing me to be a member of the forum. I am an old fart that likes handguns. Latest purchase, 5.5" BlackHawk 45 Colt/45ACP combo. My CCW is a LC9.

#4 ·
Howdy old Ruger dude....I am also a senior ....well,on the way....my EDC is a Glock 27.... But I love my SR1911, SR556 and having a ball with my 10/22...mounting a Leupold FX-1 on it presently.....
Almost bought the LC9.....went with the G27 because I had a G23 in 40 cal already.

Sent from my iPad using Ruger Forum

#6 ·
Welcome to RT..........

#10 ·
Thanks for the welcome. I must say, of all the forums I am a member of, this one has given me the warmest response. BTW Reagan, my bedside comforter is a Gen 4 G22 with the Crimson Trace tac light and Laser Lyte mounted on the rear sight, I also installed a Wolf stainless barrel.

#16 ·
I like my LC9 for it's intended purpose. Not my favorite range gun, but it totes nicely. I have a DeSantis pocket holster. So I just drop it in my right front jeans pocket as I am getting ready to go out the door. I equipped it with a Crimson Trace, so when I practice with it at the range it is just point and shoot at 10 to 15 feet. I generally can hold a 4" pattern when shootin' from the hip. Probably couldn't do much better by carefully aiming. (the "old fart wiggle" ya know):D

#18 ·
I like my LC9 for it's intended purpose. Not my favorite range gun, but it totes nicely. I have a DeSantis pocket holster. So I just drop it in my right front jeans pocket as I am getting ready to go out the door. I equipped it with a Crimson Trace, so when I practice with it at the range it is just point and shoot at 10 to 15 feet. I generally can hold a 4" pattern when shootin' from the hip. Probably couldn't do much better by carefully aiming. (the "old fart wiggle" ya know):D
Agree, the size of guns we're talking about have their intended purpose and they are great for what they are designed to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.